Camprite Camper Trailers

Submitted: Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 17:05
ThreadID: 31700 Views:11162 Replies:7 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, Does anyone have any experience with this type of camper trailer :

Camprite Campers

My search for the best avaialbe camper trailer in $20k - $25k bracket has come up with this model as an option. I've never seen one but it sure looks good to me.

Anyone have any opinions to support or contradict this?

Thanks,
Grumpy.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Grumpy in WA - Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 17:07

Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 17:07
I guess I forgot to add that set up for sleeping as fast as possible i.e. in just a few minutes is a requirement as we will bemoving around quite a bit and some trailers have loooong set up times that will become a pain to deal with over and over and over again...

And access to the kitchen without setting up the camper seems like a good idea to me too...
AnswerID: 160241

Follow Up By: Member - Martin- Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 20:15

Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 20:15
Hi Grumpy,

Have owned a Camprite since December 2003 and we are very happy with it. We have done lots of trips including 5 weeks in the Kimberlys which included the Gibb River Road and lots of other out of the way places.

We love the fact that it is so easy and fast to erect when you are only staying somewhere for one night and very easy to pack up, we also like the fact that you are off the ground so no nasty critters can get in this was another consideration for us as we have two young children and prefer to have them sleeping in with us.

The Camprite is built on a very rugged chassis and the independant suspension is fantastic in the really rough ground.

You are right about the access to the kitchen it is great for the quick roadside stops for a cuppa.

If you are going to the Caravan and Camping show at Ascot this week go to the Camprite stand and ask for Reg or Matt they are really nice blokes to deal with.

If you want to have a look at ours just email me and i will give you our details we are south of the river near Byford.
FollowupID: 415027

Follow Up By: Grumpy in WA - Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 12:22

Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 12:22
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the offer. If I have any questions that I feel need to be answered by an owner rather that a manufacturer then I'll send you an email. I have a god look at the weekend.

Cheers, grumps.
FollowupID: 415166

Reply By: Big Kidz (Andrew & Jen) - Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 17:23

Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 17:23
Hi Grumpy.

We do not own one of these campers but travelled with EO member Melissa & family from WA that do. I am sure she will answer when she sees this post! As for the camper, we were impressed ( we actually own a Tvan). It sure has heaps of room inside, all bedding off the ground, seemed to have heaps of storage, was always the first to be set up and packed away, had no problems for the 6 weeks travelling the Kimberley that we saw, what more can I say!!! Not a bad unit at all from what I saw.

Jen
AnswerID: 160248

Reply By: Barnesy - Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 22:28

Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 22:28
I'm sure the camprite are good but why do you need to spend upwards of
$25 000 on a camper trailer?

There are many excellent ones on the market for half that price. Spend the other 10k on travelling and enjoying it. I just got a s/hand h/duty off road Cameron Camper in immaculate condition for 6k.
Barnesy
AnswerID: 160321

Reply By: 4runner - Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 00:15

Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 00:15
Hi. I went on a four day excursion into the bush around WA ( based in Perth ) and followed our friends in their Patrol with their Camprite trailer. We were in our humble little V6 Toyota 4Runner. The Camprite was very simple to set up and a road side stop for a cuppa was dead easy. The "kitchen" just slid out and before you knew it the kettle was boiling. PLenty of room inside and sleeping on our airbed matteress made for a good nights rest. Plenty of ventilation. So the wife and I are off to Ascot this weekend to have a look see at whats on offer in the market place.
AnswerID: 160355

Reply By: Gronk - Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 10:37

Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 10:37
I'm sure camprite are good trailers, but for 20-25 grand there are many Hard floor campers available. Go to a 4x4 show and look at all of them. I have a KK 2005 model(21500 bucks new) and can be set up ready to go to sleep in less than 1 minute.You didn't say if you have kids? What sort of tow vehicle? There are so many variables that only you can answer after you have looked at Camprite AND the alternatives.
AnswerID: 160393

Reply By: Grumpy in WA - Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 12:19

Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 12:19
Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I'll take my time at the show this weekend and have a good look at all that is available.

We drive a 1Hzzzzzz Landcruiser 105 DX and will be travelling with a couple of kids.

$25K is a lot of money to spend on a camp trailer. I guess if I could find a very quick to set up arrangement for 10k cheaper I'd be happy enough. I've see a few trailers that take up to 40 mins to get set up, this is not for us, too frustrating. Fine for a one location, 2 week holiday etc but not for a touring trip with the kids.
AnswerID: 160418

Reply By: Lyds- Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 17:30

Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 17:30
Hi Grumpy,

I think the Camprite is pretty unique, so comparisons will be hard to make. There have been a few topics on this in past so worth a search.

The best thing about the Camprite is that you sleep everyone (4) OFF the ground and no need for a peg. We travelled 9 weeks without putting up the tarp.

The few minutes setup probably translates to 30, depending on how much stuff you have put out/back.

The only thing I don't like is to get the kitchen out you have to lower the back steps, pull a few pins, flick a few latches; not a big deal but it would nicer just to flick one latch and slide it out.

Great unit, recommended.
AnswerID: 160469

Sponsored Links