Keeping an eye on it

Submitted: Friday, Mar 17, 2006 at 00:13
ThreadID: 31823 Views:1545 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all This is not a fourby question but someone might have a clue , my mate has bought a commodor new in Queensland and he is in WA , to get the car sent over is no big deal and he is very happy with deal he got but he was wondering is there any way that you can find out anything about the car like what state it was made in then when did it go to another state and if this car dealer was the first to put it in his yard or has this car been pushed from one yard to another , it is comming over unregisterd and it has a thousand Ks on it how did it get that many Ks if it has never been registerd , he has the stock number and I think that you should be able to find out on the GMH site is this right or will he have to ask the car yard and put up with there bullsh t . It would be nice to be able to check on your car from where it was built to when you take delivery of it or are we asking to much . Thanks for any surgestions in advance and I have got to admit that I am one of those blockes that have got have a look every night to see what is happening around Aussie in the world of four wheel driving , thanks for the site . Regards roughneck
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Utemad - Friday, Mar 17, 2006 at 09:19

Friday, Mar 17, 2006 at 09:19
Could have been test driven on trade plates?

I'd say it was built at Elizabeth in South Australia.

No idea if you can track it. Perhaps call Holden head office with the VIN number?
AnswerID: 161091

Reply By: phantom - Friday, Mar 17, 2006 at 12:44

Friday, Mar 17, 2006 at 12:44
hi,
i can give you the info you want if you can get the VIN of the windscreen left hand side.
phantom
AnswerID: 161132

Follow Up By: Roughneck - Friday, Mar 17, 2006 at 16:59

Friday, Mar 17, 2006 at 16:59
Thanks to Utemad and Phantom for the replies as soon as I can get hold of the owner I will let him know and he can see if he can get hold of the VIN number Thanks for your help cheers from Roughneck
FollowupID: 415903

Reply By: 120scruiser - Friday, Mar 17, 2006 at 21:02

Friday, Mar 17, 2006 at 21:02
Not sure how Holden work but when I bought my new Prado last year it had to come from another yard.
The it works is the colour I wanted wasn't in stock at my prefered yard so they did a search on their system and there was one located at Goulburn toyota. Goulburn Toyota wasn't happy sending my chosen colour to Lithgow because Lithgow had to send an equivalent Prado back down to Goulburn to replace mine and they weren't happy with a plain white one.
I hope that made sense.
In simpler terms the one I wanted was in Goulburn and Lithgow had to replace it so they just shuffled them backwards and forwards.
Mine still only had 39km on it though.
120scruiser
AnswerID: 161233

Sponsored Links