New Hilux 4WD Turbo Diesel - Auto

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 19, 2006 at 12:07
ThreadID: 31894 Views:2774 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this site, need to know performance on turbo Hilux Auto - Diesel SR Double Cab. Is it capable of towing 2 tonne boat, dealers in Perth say it will easy pull. Price of vehicle in Perth on road $ 50,000. Have heard I can buy same vehicle in Eastern States thousands cheaper, is this true and is it worth doing. Many thanks, Neil.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Doodle - Sunday, Mar 19, 2006 at 12:39

Sunday, Mar 19, 2006 at 12:39
The Hilux rated towing capacity is 2,250kg so it will take care of the 2 ton boat. As far as buying interstate, you could do what I did when I bought my wife a new magna a couple of years ago. I checked for best prices over the net Australia wide. One of Victoria’s biggest dealers quoted $5,000 cheaper than I could get at home (SE Qld) plus a couple of thousand of extras thrown in. I bought it with a credit card deposit and bank check payment. The dealer arranged the transport to Qld ($800 including insurance if memory serves correctly). A bonus was when I registered the new car. I saved several hundred more by just taking the paperwork to the transport department myself. They didn’t need a roadworthy certificate as it was brand new.

It’s worth checking around but I would make sure you dealt with a reputable dealer.

Cheers, Doodle
PS. The Nevara has a 3,000kg tow rating and quite a few more horses under the bonnet, but a smaller yet to be proven engine.
AnswerID: 161489

Reply By: Turbo Diesel - Sunday, Mar 19, 2006 at 13:49

Sunday, Mar 19, 2006 at 13:49
Neil

I can hook you up with a broker in Perth if you like, (Western Motor Vehicle Consultants) tell them a mate of ROSS MARINO told you to talk to them. Ross is their boss ask for the best deal you can get on your car and let me know how you go. I have the SR5 TD manual and goes great, you should be okay to tow a two ton boat.
AnswerID: 161495

Reply By: Ozman - Sunday, Mar 19, 2006 at 16:57

Sunday, Mar 19, 2006 at 16:57
I was quoted (written quote) Turbo D Dual cab AUTO SR5 with tinted windows and metalic paint...$50,180 drive away business rego inc.

D
AnswerID: 161520

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew W (SA) - Sunday, Mar 19, 2006 at 18:54

Sunday, Mar 19, 2006 at 18:54
find the yards with STOCK - they will be the best value.

sometimes the best deals get done in the last week of the month. Be patient. Let them call you.

Know everything you need including extended warranties, accessories, bits and pieces and get quotes including it all - then they won't screw you quite as much when they take you to the "Business Manager" after signing the paperwork.

Keep asking what they can throw in.

Make a few phone calls. Send emails and faxes interstate.

Then play one off against another.

Have a negotiation strategy that leaves the door open to play one off against the other each time.

Have in your mind the absolute bargain that would clinch the deal for you coz they will keep asking "what they need to do" to get the business.

Remember they are full of crap so don't let a little deception get in the way of a good story.

Ciao for now
Andrew who puts car sales folks next after computer sales folks (at least the car sales guy knows when he's lying)
FollowupID: 416275

Reply By: lbudgie - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 21:06

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 21:06
neilwa
give blood toyota in geelong a call. they have an ex demo model in the yard with 7500km on it. its a td auto sr5 with alloy bullbar, sports bar and tub liner. its blue and goes well.
they said i could have it for $48500 without hagiling.
they said they have a few people looking at it, but if its still there they are noot looking to hard i figure.
goo luck
AnswerID: 162035

Sponsored Links