gu patrol front end clunks

Submitted: Monday, Jul 16, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 319 Views:3154 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
My, road driven only, GU patrol, 4500 manual, has a disturbing clunk coming from the front end. It appears on left and right hand turns, but more frequently on left hand turns. The dealer has had several looks at it and tightened the bearings, but to no avail. I guess that it is now out of warranty it will be easy to locate and fix!! In the meantime any suggestions out there.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Colin - Tuesday, Jul 17, 2001 at 00:00

Tuesday, Jul 17, 2001 at 00:00
Eric,

I cant answer the question regarding what the problem could be. Hopefully you will get a few good leads from posting this question. On the issue of warranty: Since you have reported the problem before the warranty expired and it hasn't been resolved to your satisfaction, the dealer is still liable to fix the problem. If you have problems convinving the dealer of the responsibility use your local motoring organisation (NRMA, RACV RACQ), to enforce your rights.
AnswerID: 774

Reply By: Chris mac - Monday, Jul 23, 2001 at 00:00

Monday, Jul 23, 2001 at 00:00
In reply to your clunk in front end of GU Patrol, It might be worth checking all the front trailing arm mounting bolts, make sure they are super super tight, I had a knocking noise in my GQ Patrol thet we traced to this, the front ends are similar design so it might be worth a try, cheers Chris....
AnswerID: 791

Sponsored Links