1st trip

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 19, 2006 at 16:46
ThreadID: 31903 Views:2502 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Folks,

With a little luck our camper trailer will be back next week complete with its new canvas.
So the question is where do we go for a trial w/end net w/end?

We are based in the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne and will most like be able to get away about 11:30am on friday and be able to have a couple of nights away.

My 1st thought was the caravan park at Kilcunda (a nice unpowered site just oposite the pub and overlooking the water), being only a 90 min drive from home I thought it would be fine, an other alternitive is phillip island, but I think its too 'tourisity' in the main areas.

So does anyone have a nice suggestion ? lets say with 2 hours of my location?

.... anyone

john
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Sunday, Mar 19, 2006 at 17:04

Sunday, Mar 19, 2006 at 17:04
hi,

this is a good site for having a look at camping spots...
ht give you an idea of where to go, wherever you go....have fun..

cheers

Lyn

AnswerID: 161523

Follow Up By: Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Sunday, Mar 19, 2006 at 17:04

Sunday, Mar 19, 2006 at 17:04
bugga link didn't work

here it is....copy and paste it...ahha

http://encourage.ms11.net/viccamps/index.htm
FollowupID: 416254

Reply By: Bronco2 - Sunday, Mar 19, 2006 at 18:29

Sunday, Mar 19, 2006 at 18:29
Hi folks!
Well, may I suggest Blue Gums Caravan park at Eildon? I am heading off there myself (hopefully tomorrow) for a few days R&R..just to relax for a few days..if you haven't been there, it is a great spot, right on the Goulburn river, with very nice grassed camping areas (powered/unpowered etc) great facilities, and a nice place to relax and try out your gear! Hey, may even see you there! Regards
Ray (Bronco)
AnswerID: 161530

Reply By: RustyHelen - Sunday, Mar 19, 2006 at 19:54

Sunday, Mar 19, 2006 at 19:54
Hi John
Lots and lots of camper friendly locations in the area I reckon.
Try:
Warburton, either the caravan park on the river or at the base of the dam wall (always our favourite spot when we lived and worked close in to Melb and HAD to have somewhere within 2 hours drive)
Woods Point
Cathedral Ranges
Noojee-- The Poplars our fav altho weekends can be noisy with bikes but school hols end this weekend so might be OK
Rawson/Blue Rock area
Paradise Valley-- probably a bit more than 2 hours but easy to get to and can go bush track driving in close proximity if that is your interest
If you need more just let me know but these give you the choice of bush camping, caravan park, camp fires, camping on rivers etc.
Good luck and have a great time.
Rusty
AnswerID: 161544

Reply By: muma - Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 18:01

Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 18:01
hi john
noojee is great but it is quite noisy over holidays as we found out this weekend.We had to put up with a bucks night, motorcycles ,young idiots,and some guy doin donuts near the public toilets.
kilcunda is nice ,but drive on a 5 min more to powlett river,nice clean sheltered park with river and surf.
have fun ,muma.
AnswerID: 162991

Sponsored Links