The tent bag..thanks forum.

Submitted: Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 11:15
ThreadID: 31927 Views:2112 Replies:4 FollowUps:8
This Thread has been Archived
Around a week ago I asked the forum where I'd buy a decent bag for my tent. I needed something to be able to chuck the tent into instead of having to roll it up tight etc . Forum members recommended a mob called "Infront". I checked out their web pages and found a tent bag for around $30. My wife came and looked at my puter screen (unheard of as she has her own work machine) and spied doggy beds. Ahh we need two. So, a quick plastic fantastic job over the net and we're away. Get an email the next day saying that they're being posted.
They arrived today, looking good. First job is to see if the tent fits...whoops, where did it go ? It's a huge bag. Hmm...could the poles bag go in there as well ? No worries. What else can footy fit in ?
It's heavy duty, double stitched, carry handle, and a draw chord with an excellent locking toggle. So far I'm very happy indeed.
So a big thanks to all who offered suggestions and especially those who suggested this mob. As you've said before, I couldn't do much better.
As for the dog beds, I'm leaving the unwrapping to SWMBO when she comes back from work. Just looking at them, it appears that they are of the same high quality.
Anyway if you're looking for a soft bag for whatever, this mob have a huge range. To be honest, now that I've seen what I paid for, I'm off to see what else they have to make life on the road more comfortable.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 12:02

Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 12:02
Hi Footloose

I've bought heaps of stuff from Infront, and have never had a problem with any of their stuff - including doggy beds, they are great people to deal with, great prices and great quality.

cheers

Lyn
AnswerID: 161653

Reply By: Moggs - Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 12:25

Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 12:25
I agree, Klaus is excellent to deal with.

I do however have concerns over the quality of their V2 rear wheel garbage bag carrier. Had one on the rear mounted wheel of the trailer 2 weeks ago - it now must be lying somewhere between Bindaree Hut and Brocks Road. I am sure the plastic clips let go. I actually had to send it back to Klaus once before when the clip broke while tensioning it.....and he fixed it, mailed it back with a $5 note to cover my postage - excellent service. Seems to be a design problem with the buckle - can't fault the canvas work at all though.

Anyway, if you have found a canvas rear wheel bag around Bindaree Hut - it is mine - don't want it back - but would be interested if the clip is broken????? LOL
AnswerID: 161657

Follow Up By: Member - Crazie (VIC) - Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 13:04

Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 13:04
Yes, wonder if it was the clips.... you buying a new one..need to get one to. hahaha

Ads
FollowupID: 416374

Follow Up By: Moggs - Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 13:18

Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 13:18
Yeah, reckon it was a plastic clip that broke - have to admit there was a fair bit of weight in it.

Will probably buy another and ask Klaus to change the clips to something more substantial ie. metal. Also will ask him to use 2 inch wide webbing rather than the 1 inch. As they say, an extra inch can make all the difference! LOL

I'll let you know the cost when I have spoken to him and see if you want one with the stronger clips and wider webbing also.

BTW, got the voicemail this morning. Thanks for chasing the SWB down for me - hope you didn't break any speed limits LOL. Also good to see the Jack is back to its quiet best :)

Speak soon. Oh yeah, Nat did a lamb roast last night - the gravy sucked! - buit don't tell her that! ;)
FollowupID: 416376

Follow Up By: Glenn (VIC) - Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 22:25

Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 22:25
Adam,

Klaus sells them a lot on ebay, that is where I got mine from, $30 posted. You should check out the links on the Infront page too...very funny.

Cheers

Glenn
FollowupID: 416458

Follow Up By: Member - Crazie (VIC) - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 08:30

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 08:30
Moggs

Your a abd man and you know i will use that against Nat hahaha. Might ring Klaus cause I would like to get something made up for the swag as well.

Glenn

Thanks mate ans yes i had a look at the links hahaha
FollowupID: 416504

Reply By: Member - John (Vic) - Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 12:36

Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 12:36
Jim do you have a link to their site?
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 161663

Follow Up By: Footloose - Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 12:44

Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 12:44
John, http://www.infrontcampinggear.com.au/ will find them.
Cheers
FollowupID: 416373

Reply By: johannagoanna - Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 17:43

Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 17:43
I too have purchased quite a few things from Klaus via ebay! I love my folding washing up dish, and my folding handled bucket. My husband scoffed when I bought these, and he even says they are my best ebay purchase. Neither of these items take up any space, and the workmanship is astounding!

Does anyone have one of Klaus' roof basket bags? I am curious, as I am very interested in buying one? - thanks, Jo
AnswerID: 161715

Follow Up By: Member - Charlie S (VIC) - Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 17:49

Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 17:49
Yep had two on our last Simpson trip. Worked a dream. Highly recommended.
Cheers Charlie
FollowupID: 416400

Follow Up By: johannagoanna - Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 17:58

Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 17:58
What sizes did you use Charlie?

Did you fit a 4wd mat in?

Did you get to test the waterproofness of the zip?

Thanks, Jo
FollowupID: 416402

Follow Up By: Member - Charlie S (VIC) - Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 18:26

Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 18:26
Because of the size of the basket I had to fold one bag in half (this also worked to keep things separated) The bags are approx 700 x 800. I sat them on top of 8 or 10mm dense foam (Klaus helped me with that) but available from Clark Rubber etc.
We had some horrific rain along the way and one bag did leak a little. But I think it was my fault rather than that of the bag. After that as a precaution I packed the essentials in large gabbage bags first - just in case. But no further problem. (Somebody did say about wetting down first. But I think that relates to the old days. Don't know)
One of the other guys on our trip with the same bag had no problems at all.
Hope this helps
Charlie
FollowupID: 416408

Sponsored Links