caravan & camping show

Submitted: Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 19:55
ThreadID: 31951 Views:2195 Replies:4 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
anyone go to the c & c show at ascot racecourse was there anything that stood out there? cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: STEVE069 - Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 22:41

Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 22:41
Hi OLDMAGPIE, YES I DID GO AND NEVER AGAIN, Firstly parking was willey nilley then lined up for 45min to get told to go for a walk to gate 7, another 10min, then get inside and it was as if they opened the gates and said go for it set up your stands. IT WAS THE MOST UNORGANISED SHOW I HAVE BEEN TO. I am in the market for a hard floor campertrailer so I found the Cub stand and the pioneer stand got the boy a icecreamand got the hell out of their. I diddent even go in to the rangercamping tent to look for goodies.

Steve
PS. Did you end up getting the BBQ side burner?
AnswerID: 161795

Follow Up By: Member - Bouncer (WA) - Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 23:22

Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 23:22
Have to agree with Steve, I thought it was pis*poor and so did my lady we wasted good money and time when we could have gone to the shops/dealers and seen better in fact I went in to the Ranger Camping exhibit and they told me that I should go to one of their local stores because they didn't have what I wanted there.

There was one high lite and that was Tommo the Bush Oven Cook, he put on a good show and was a laugh a minute, dragged my lovely lady up to do some cooking with him. She got a hat autographed by him for her part.
FollowupID: 416471

Follow Up By: OLDMAGPIE - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 00:17

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 00:17
hi steve069,
as a matter of fact i did & it just so happens that it was a garth sideburner which was exactly the same brand as my bbq so i bought two of the bludgers only wanted one to set up for camping,thanks again for the tip, sounds like i didnt miss much at ascot we drove there looked at the parking shemozzle & kept on going to ascot inn & had a meal, beer. cheers
FollowupID: 416475

Reply By: Mainey (WA) - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 00:03

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 00:03
I was there as well, however found the parking pretty good and the gates were well signposted, had no problems getting in....

But as said above the cooking demo was ummm, interesting?

One thing I did notice was the ?? brand of shelving system used in some of the new 4x4's was so dam high off the ground that the lid of the Engel fridge just cleared the rear door opening...

Yes... you did need a set of steps to see into the fridge as the top was almost level with the Yota's roof line.

The 'highlight' could have been when one 'lady' said they could only have been designed by a bloke - and many had to agree with her, as eventually did those sales reps who attempted to tell her, when she asked them what was written on the top of the fridge lid, yes it was a trick question asked by a very pretty and smart woman, as obviously nothing was written there, she was just making her point to the sales reps who did not like her at all for showing their total weakness of "practical design" in their own product, yes they look good but without a step ladder no one could look into the top of the fridge, she made her point well.

It was hot as hell and with the Engel and Waeco guy's competing directly against each other with the addition of the Bushman and EvaKool fridge, all quoting the same old 4x4 test report from 'history' and putting their own spin on the results, funny how all four fridge retailers claim to have the 'best' fridge available because of the same old 4x4 test report.

I think a 'highlight' was to see the Suntech and a Sharp panels side by side and see the 'physical' build differences between them, but then I'm a 'sharp' distributor
no pun intended :-)
AnswerID: 161801

Follow Up By: Member - Alan (WA) - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 02:34

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 02:34
I went on Sunday - the guy selling the Waeco at one (yes one) of their stands was enough to put quite a few people off......."Get in quick before they're all gone....do yourself a favour, they won't last at these prices....." blah blah blah.

Watched more than one lot turn away purely from him hassling......These type of people really ?>?>? me.

Parking was disorganised but ok - exhibitor layout seemed a bit hit and miss. But still got to speak with a few knowledgable, enthusiastic, and helpful people - which made it worthwhile.

Wouldn't go every year - but there are worse ways to spend a few hours....

Alan
FollowupID: 416489

Reply By: Alan S (WA) - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 00:30

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 00:30
I went on the Saturday, parking and entry didnt cause me a problem. But iwas disappointed with the content. Great if you wanted to buy/look at caravans, campers. But there was not a great deal of other content.

I went with a leave pass, and a empty credit card and a list of stuff to get. I came back home with a veggie peeler. I wanted to look at small tents for the kids and their where only two camping shops with tents and they had a total of 2 small tents. The rest were the usual Taj Mahal's. I wanted to look at tyres and big boys toys (electronics and gadgets) and there where no tyres sellers and very few gadgets.

SPent more money on the way home getting a bag of dim sims from HArvester in midland and a bottle of white port frm jane brook.

Alan
AnswerID: 161808

Follow Up By: Jeepster-WA - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 15:47

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 15:47
Where did you get the white port??

Jeepster
FollowupID: 416577

Follow Up By: Alan S (WA) - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 15:53

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 15:53
Hi Jeepster

Jane Brook Estate on Toodyay Rd Stratton. It is a light style very suited as a apperitif. They recommended as a pre dinner drink on ice with a touch of lemon.

Use to buy it years ago, but they have only started to make it again and i have been meaning to get some. Finally got around to it on Saturday

Alan
FollowupID: 416578

Reply By: GEG - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 07:13

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 07:13
I went to the gold coast one and it was fantastic....organised new tyres, new camper trailer, kids went on a 4 wheel drive track and for 12 bucks it was a great couple of hours...some of those big gooseneck trailers just blew me away.

I have a heap of brochures to read...

I just wish I had have got there earlier...

I dont know what you guys are winging about?
AnswerID: 161824

Sponsored Links