Gas safety switch

Submitted: Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 21:44
ThreadID: 31960 Views:2155 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G.Day,
could any body assist.i had installed last September new gas sytem into my GU Nissan Patrol,built 12/98. Not happy with dealer or company that installed but,can:t say any more. I started my patrol,went and locked our caravan turned around grey smoke coming out of my bonnet.I was lucky but,it was the safety switch.i have contacted many people but,no body can help nor has any body heard of this before.Would any one have any ideas? this burnt from the switch, not wires going into switch.
SWH.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: gqpat - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 11:32

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 11:32
Hi Stephen if it has burnt a wire sound like it had a short in any case the system should have a 5 amp fuse MAX feeding switch and whole gas system .I would check that one has been fitted the lpg fitter should have shown you were it was as it is illegal without one .
All patrols that i have fitted gas usally power of the fuel pump relay ,not requiring a safety switch,did they use your sub tank switch as the gas switch???.Just double check these things also
SERVICE LINE MAYBE COPPER BUT MUST BE FLEX FROM CHASSIS RAIL TO LOCKOFF BECAUSE OFF MOVEMENT.OR FLEX ALL THE WAY.
DISTANCE OF LINE FROM LOCKOFF TO CONVERTER IS NO LONGER THAN 800mm
LPG PLATES ARE RIVETED TO NUMBER PLATES
EXHAUST AROUND TANK IF CLOSER THAN 6 INCH SHOULD HAVE A SHIELD FITTED
See how you go if any off these are not fitted go back and see them as it has been fitted illegally..
AnswerID: 161888

Sponsored Links