Places

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 18:03
ThreadID: 31995 Views:1576 Replies:4 FollowUps:17
This Thread has been Archived
can somebody tell under what heading PLACES comes as the only way in appears to be thru davids posts

steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Old Scalyback & denny - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 18:05

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 18:05
have found it its in the very small print at the bottom of the page on my screen

bit wary when its in small print at the bottom of the page LOLOLOLOLOL
AnswerID: 161985

Follow Up By: Member - Phil [Sunshine Coast] - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 18:11

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 18:11
I had the same prob. found it at the TOP of the page in the main index.. cya
FollowupID: 416617

Reply By: Wayne (NSW) - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 18:13

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 18:13
Steve,

The ExplorOz logo is on the top left of this page. Next to that is the blue buttons for the links.
6 from the left on the top row is "Places". Click on this and the Places will appear.

Wayne
AnswerID: 161988

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 18:26

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 18:26
As per Waynes info above here is what the top of the page should look like with the menu on it. You will see Places in this list.

!MPG:9!
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 161991

Follow Up By: Member - Toolman (VIC) - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 18:33

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 18:33
David,
I definitely don't see "Places" at the top of my page when I log in. I do see it when i click on your hyperlink above. Why would that be?

Toolman
FollowupID: 416627

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 18:37

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 18:37
Do you see the menu at all - If YES do a Refresh and see what happens.
Let me know?

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 416628

Follow Up By: Member - Toolman (VIC) - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 18:49

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 18:49
David,
I see the menu but the "Places" tab is not there.
Did a refresh - no change, tried using Internet Explorer instead of Mozilla-Firefox-no difference. Also fired up the laptop - does not appear there either.

Toolman
FollowupID: 416633

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 18:56

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 18:56
If you have an Internet security product turn it off then try refresh and see what happens - other thing try hold down the CTRL key and doing a refresh. Let me know?

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 416636

Follow Up By: Member - Toolman (VIC) - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 19:22

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 19:22
David,
Perhaps I should double check exactly what you mean by doing a refresh. I interpreted that to mean clicking on the "Reload Page" icon in Mozilla which is a similar icon to the Refresh icon in IE. If so I've followed you suggestions including disabling Norton Internet Security while I was refreshing. No change to the page.

I've looked at IE and tried to do tha same thing but it is running so slowly I gave up.

regards
Toolman
FollowupID: 416644

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 19:43

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 19:43
Oh Norton!

You should be able to disable Norton and refresh the page which should force a reload of the cached object (regardless of browser). Maybe worth deleting all cached objects for www.ExplorOz.com and trying again - if you cannot selectively delete cached items then do a clear cache and see what happens. I have seen al this before with the Norton product - it is not only a problem you will have on ExplorOz and you will be mimssing heaps on content due to stupid default rules installed with that product. Anyway enough of that try a clear cache, close browser and reload and see what happens. The fact that you can see the old menu means that it is cached localy however for some reason your browser is not accepting the fact that the file has been updated.

You mention IE running slow - I am confused about what this means also? Is it always slow on your computer or just something with ExplorOz. I ask this as I use IE all day.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 416659

Follow Up By: Dave198 - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 20:21

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 20:21
G'day David,
I also have not got the places tab. I have done as you suggested, clear cache, resident protection off, Ctrl-Reload, still no joy.
Running Netscape 7.2 and Vet. Living in Far West NSW, maybe the signal doesn't make out here. Hope this helps
Dave
FollowupID: 416691

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 20:24

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 20:24
Oh you are using Netscape - that is a different issue I think. Can you tell me does the menu you have open when you hover over say Trip Planning? I suspect it does not which means you are using a different output build of ExplorOz - if it does not open then try this URL and see what happens - Layout 7 - ExplorOz Home Page.

I will adjust the static menu (none opening build) now - I forgot about that menu.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 416694

Follow Up By: Member - Toolman (VIC) - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 20:32

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 20:32
David,
Yes Oh Norton! I don't like it either but I still have a half years subscription to go.

Still no luck. I've cleared all cached items and disabled Norton and done a refresh. I noticed there is now one small tab that has no writing on it in between "Events" and "About us" but it is not selectable. Maybe I'm halfway there.

Its odd that I have the same problem on my laptop on which I don't run Nortons Internet Security.

I mentioned IE is running slowly. That has nothing to do with ExplorOz its just running slowly on my PC for some reason. I rarely use it these days. I didn't mean this to become an it extravaganza

regards
Toolman
FollowupID: 416696

Follow Up By: Dave198 - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 20:47

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 20:47
David, by some magic , expertise or scullduggery, I now have a places tab.
Thankyou.
Dave
FollowupID: 416700

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 20:48

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 20:48
Toolman,

Stev got it to work - now the little item that is missing is Advertising - if the system shows this as missing then Internet security was still enabled when you did the refresh - Disable the whole thing for a short period if you can I think it is the content filter part or ad blocking system - I looked into this one day and decided Norton was just to hard and made too many changes to the operation of the computer. Anyway try a complete disable of all parts and a reload - it should work.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 416701

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 20:49

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 20:49
Dave198 - You will be using the static menu system and I just updated the programs that build ExplorOz in that mode - Enjoy.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 416702

Follow Up By: Member - Toolman (VIC) - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 20:51

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 20:51
David,
Good news. "Places" is now there in all its glory. I disabled the Norton Internet Personal Firewall and am running with the Microsoft firewall.

regards
Toolman
FollowupID: 416703

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 20:54

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 20:54
Toolman,

That is good to know which part is now the problem - I will be abl to advise the next person with the same issue what to look for. Thanks and enjoy.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 416704

Follow Up By: rickwagupatrol - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 22:16

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 22:16
and now for the weird part...i run norton, and dont have a problem at all.

rick.
FollowupID: 416738

Reply By: Old Scalyback & denny - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 20:38

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 20:38
goodday all

i got
i had to go to internet options and clean out all the cookies and files
also did a refresh while holding down the control button ithink it came up then but all the writing was that small i couldnt read it (old eyes)
anyway i have it
ps david is it right that the cemetaries have no names although that may have changed when i first looked they had no place names only state and click here to veiw take pot luck at what you get
will add some photos of the cemetaries as we like to look at past history thru the grave stones

steve
AnswerID: 162029

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 20:45

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2006 at 20:45
Steve,

The import data did not have names for those - I am trying to souce some better data - I will be setting up the ability to allow you to update the text fields in the next few days so that if you know the name you will be able to update the info. Also I am hoping to complete the ability to allow you to enter a place - so if it does not exists you will be able to load it yourself. This process takes me longer as I have to validate the data somehow and this is where I am a little stuck.

Anyway I will get it sorted - I am glad the menu is now working for you.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 416698

Sponsored Links