To be or not to be a member???

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 20:12
ThreadID: 32048 Views:2539 Replies:9 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys!
Just came back from a quick trip to Eildon (Blue Gums Park)..even caught a trout!..actually, I managed to get two paintings finished..aaaaah, the serenity!
Now, I have been pondering becoming a full member, but reading all the posts in here, it is obvious you guys are all serious off-roaders, and technical to boot! Well, sadly, I am not a serious off-roader, nor do I have any expertise at all when it comes to serious stuff. I just own a 4x4 and a camper/trailer, and get away on trips to do my photography and painting. So, guess I feel a little intimidated in such exalted company! Still, it is great reading the posts..some interesting stuff!
Are there any others here that are in my situation?...regards
Bronco
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Atropos - Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 20:28

Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 20:28
Hi Folks,

Yes I understand how you feel, I've learnt a great deal from this forum, but I'll never be able to afford a big FWD ... I'm just trying to see as much of OZ as I can with my trusty 1985 Toyato tarago and my soon to be refurbished CUB-O-MATIC camper trailer of the same year.

Now I think its $50 to become a member, not a great deal of cash these days but more than I get as "pocket money" from SWMBO each fortnight.. (Old tight purse pensioners) .. So I'll have to continue to be a "visitor" for the forseable future.

I'm glad you had a good time at Blue Gums, I must try to get there one of these days.. was trying to get away this w/end but Canvas on trailer will not be finished, so have had to make do with some nice chippies whilst 97%Fat Free is at Girls night out (slimming club)....

Oh well......

Regards
John
AnswerID: 162321

Reply By: Willem - Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 20:42

Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 20:42
No don't feel intimidated.

This site is for everyone who travels Australia. There are only a handful of hardcore travellers around and the rest follow the normal roads, byways and tracks to which ever destination they may feel good to visit.

There is a wealth of knowledge in all aspects of life here on this forum and there is much to learn.

So sit back and enjoy the forum and take part if the spirit moves you...lol.

It is not compulsory to join as a member but each person who joins helps the owners of this site to continue improving the site to list even more travel information.

Cheers
AnswerID: 162330

Follow Up By: Member - Crazy Dog (QLD) - Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 23:12

Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 23:12
I'm with you Willem...Well said.....
FollowupID: 417090

Follow Up By: Member - BANJO (WA) - Thursday, Mar 23, 2006 at 09:57

Thursday, Mar 23, 2006 at 09:57
Willem,
Yes, exactly why I paid up.

Banjo (WA)
FollowupID: 417137

Reply By: Member - Blue (VIC) - Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 21:23

Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 21:23
Ask Bonz, Wombat or crazy... I'm far from a serious 4wd'er and I have less than no technical input(at least I usually notify the person before I post a completely irrelevant reply) but I have fun here so you guy's are stuck with me... Join up, have a play and entertain yourself... you never know, you may end up entertaining some others as well...
AnswerID: 162341

Reply By: Member - Prickle (SA) - Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 21:26

Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 21:26
Bronco,
I am (what I consider a novice), have been visiting here for some years and only just joined up, cos I reckon I owe Michelle and David.

I (& my wife) have met two people from this site who we have spent some time, thoroughly enjoying their and their families hospitality.

I have now joined up & look forward to meeting others as we trip around.

I am not a techo, just love getting around and a bit of a challenge. Do the 4x4 bit, have camped for around 35 yrs, great country.

Have found it a top stop to ask for advice and just take in the BS that they serve up :):).

Join up and enjoy.

(Still finding out about the benefits of joining, they are there.)

Regards
Russ

Life-often hell but never boring.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 162342

Reply By: Member - Norm C (QLD) - Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 21:38

Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 21:38
I am far from an expert on anything covered on this site, but believe I contribute where I am able. On balance, I reckon I extract far more than I am able to give. On that basis my $50 ($30 per year after the first) is well spent. Sure I could have got it for nothing, but fair is fair.

But I treat all the same, members and not. It is a personal decision. Hope you join Bronco2. If not, enjoy the site anyway.
AnswerID: 162345

Reply By: Jimbo - Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 21:52

Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 21:52
I'll not offer an opinion.
AnswerID: 162350

Follow Up By: Member - Crazy Dog (QLD) - Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 23:13

Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 23:13
Why?
FollowupID: 417092

Reply By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 21:55

Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 21:55
>I just own a 4x4 and a camper/trailer

you qualify

I'm not serious about anything Bronco and I barely know the diff from the gearbox, If I get serious kick me it might be time to move on. I'm here for enjoyment not heartache
AnswerID: 162351

Reply By: Crackles - Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 21:58

Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 21:58
Bronco......
It all comes down to are the benifits of membership worth the $$$ to you personally. If you like the idea of greater access, member messaging, file swaps, photo posting, a free trader add, discounts in the shop & member trips among other extra's then join away. It will be money well spent.
If it's just the Forum, trip notes & planning that interests you then your contributions to these threads is more than enough.
The majority of people who read ExOz are most likely in your situation & who knows, a photo or camper trailer question may be asked at which you may become the next expert :-)
Cheers Craig............
AnswerID: 162354

Reply By: Member - Pud & Barb R (NSW) - Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 22:32

Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 22:32
Hi Bronco,
We were visitors on and off for a while and have recently become members. I have learnt so much from this site, ( just have to retain it, early onset dementia, info overload). Bonus of becoming a member you get a sticker so others can report a sighting! We are not technical, just a love of this great country of ours, go ahead, I reckon it's worth it.
Barb
AnswerID: 162368

Sponsored Links