Detection Camera 2

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 22, 2006 at 22:24
ThreadID: 32057 Views:1640 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Don't worry about the first post on this subect, use this link here .Does a little bit of a deviation but does work, and to cover it i will add the website as well to paste it in

www.members.westnet.com.au/dtilley/camera.htm

camera
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Thursday, Mar 23, 2006 at 02:01

Thursday, Mar 23, 2006 at 02:01
Hi Doug

Very interesting read. I have been thinking the last couple of days driving to and from work here in Seattle and it struck me that I have not seen a accident on the bit of road I have been driving on for the past 8 months. I only do about 8km each way to work and back, the highway is 4 lanes each way and there is plenty of room for everyone. The speed limit here on the highways is 100 as well and for the most part people stick to that and do go much over. People do speed here like anywhere else but you will be very unlucky to get caught. They don't have speed cameras like back home and the only way you can get caught speeding is if you get a cop with a radar gun. I used to do a fair bit of driving to and from work back home and I would see a accident at least 3 times a week on the highway I was traveling on.

The only difference I can work out is the fact that they have heaps of room to drive over here
AnswerID: 162400

Follow Up By: Qlddisco - Thursday, Mar 23, 2006 at 08:39

Thursday, Mar 23, 2006 at 08:39
u travel the i5 into Seattle ?? (mrs is a former washington state girl) !!! only accidents i seen on i5 into seattle >>> caused by black ice !!!
FollowupID: 417118

Follow Up By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Thursday, Mar 23, 2006 at 09:02

Thursday, Mar 23, 2006 at 09:02
Yea I have been on the I5 many times....I travel on the 405 mostly
FollowupID: 417122

Reply By: Rigor - Thursday, Mar 23, 2006 at 09:12

Thursday, Mar 23, 2006 at 09:12
Yep agree totally , police now rely too heavily on cameras to "stop" speeding and all kinds of dumb behaviour goes undetected because there are bugger all operational cops on the road. I have lived in the same spot for 30 years and the local stop signs are now ignored by just about everyone, most slow down , quick glance and then straight through like it was a give way sign . Indicating ,double and solid white lines also ignored . I hate to say it but the average Joe out on the road needs someone to remind them of the basics when driving.

Dave L.
AnswerID: 162422

Sponsored Links