Extractors for 80series 1 HZ diesel?

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 23, 2006 at 22:25
ThreadID: 32095 Views:1686 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
thanks to all the people who answered my post on fitting extractors to my 80 series. The reason I went for extractors was after 12 yrs the original exhaust system developed cracks in the pipes in a couple of places.It's done 403,000kms. I went for the "Hurricane" extractors, which are mandrel bent, and 2.5 in. pipe. It tucks up nicely , 3 in. would be too close to the chassis. After picking it up tonight I must say the improved peformance is incredible. It takes off a lot quicker and goes up a local hill without changing down, like I had to before.I had it fitted at Noosa Exhaust and Mufflers. The service was great and they let you check on it at various stages to make sure your happy with it. The price fitted was $740.00. with a 2yr guarantee. It's not too loud but has a nice burble to it. thanks again for the good advice. cheers Rex
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turbo Diesel - Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 08:25

Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 08:25
Rex I pressume you have a snorkel if not go and get one, only $514,00 from ARB i think, then go and get your fuel pump rebuilt in others words reconditioned to offer improved perfomance and fuel economy and you will really get your 80 pumping. I did the above to mine and it was amazing the extra power i got.
AnswerID: 162604

Reply By: Member - DOZER- Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 10:18

Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 10:18
Rex, please dont take this as me being negitive....i want to ensure you keep that smile....Glad your happy with the improvement....the biggest problem with extracters is them cracking from vibration, so if the motor idles rough, have it turned up a tad till it runs smooth.......make sure the exhaust mob have included a flex joint as in a std exhaust has, or the muffler will fall appart inside from the vibrations....enjoy your extra mumbo jumbo.....the snorkel is another good idea, as the motor will be sucking in colder/cleaner air, not to mention the insurance you have that the moor wont suck water in
Andrew
AnswerID: 162620

Sponsored Links