Yorke Paeninsula

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 18:02
ThreadID: 32155 Views:1893 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hey Guys,

Looking for somewhere on the Yorke Peninsula for a couple of days just after Easter.

Actually I have a mate looking to get in camping somewhere over Easter, not having a lot of luck with the caravan parks.

Is there a nice spot for bush camping where they could get the camper trailer for easter and we could get ours in near them from the 18th on?

I know there are some or you who live down that way and you must have a favourite spot. Just whisper to me I promise not to tell anyone else.

Thanks in anticipation
Duncs.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Prickle (SA) - Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 20:42

Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 20:42
We recently spent a few days down in Innes NP stayed in the Managers house in Inneston, book it through NPks.

Good bush type camping near Pondalowie, Browns and Gleesons Landing, toilets but no showers.

No doubt will be busy over easter.

You will not run out of things to do.

Fished at Browns one day and caught a feed, but things should improve.
Russ

Life-often hell but never boring.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 162882

Follow Up By: Squizzy - Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 11:59

Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 11:59
As Russ said,

Good camping at Pondalowie Bay with push button toilets and hot and cold showers. Hot showers require tokens from the visitor centre.

Plenty of room for camper trailers if you get in early, they don't take bookings. There is also a communal b-b-q.

Not far for that fishing fix either.

Geoff.
FollowupID: 417702

Reply By: Pete and Lez S.A. - Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 21:24

Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 21:24
Butlers property should be quieter than the mainstream areas, nice camping areas great fishing and relaxing. I havent got their ph number, but any S.A. tourism joint should know it.
Cheers Peter and Lez
AnswerID: 162889

Follow Up By: Member - Prickle (SA) - Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 19:38

Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 19:38
Had a look at this last year, stayed there some years ago. Is a good spot, there is a shower up near the shop that you can use.
As Pete has said, nice spot, good fishing apparently.
From memory only about $10/night.
Russ

Life-often hell but never boring.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 417755

Reply By: Turbo - Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 22:39

Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 22:39
HI DUNCS,try corny point caravan pk on...88553368....(nice people) also if you head west through Corny Point) from the pk. you come to a intersection, left takes you to marion bay, right takes you to berry bay, along the way to berry are some nice beachfront spots, for c/t. most of which face nth,so on a hot north wind you get cool sea breeezzzzze. gym beach is also a great spot. all above are on maps..have a great stay on 'the only leg australia has to stand on'....dave..
AnswerID: 162903

Reply By: Fab - Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 22:02

Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 22:02
Try The Gap down Balgowan way. Plenty of sand hills and good sized whitting just off shore. No fancy caravan parks but plenty of serenity away from the other Easter tourists (terrorists).

Ask a local ......... they'll tell ya!
AnswerID: 163040

Sponsored Links