Ozemail Broadband

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 04, 2003 at 15:41
ThreadID: 3223 Views:1509 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
While this is not an ExplorOz type question I would like to know if any other members are having difficulty with Ozemail Broadband. Twice in the last month I have lost my ability to connect to the internet and after much time lost just trying to get technical support Telstra has had to do a line reset ;which can be an extra few days. It seems that Big Pond uses a different system which minimizes line shutdown. I am thinking of changing to Big Pond if this issue can't be resolved

Regards
Lex Franks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster - Tuesday, Feb 04, 2003 at 17:14

Tuesday, Feb 04, 2003 at 17:14
Im with Optus cable, and it hasnt been down in nearly 8 months Ive had it...
3 gig limit sucks though, but this month you get 5 gig instead of 3 for no extra, so downloadin
texas chainsaw massacre
natural born killers
and pulp fiction off Kazza at the moment! Then burn to VCD with Nero and watch on the DVD player and TV!!
AnswerID: 12488

Reply By: Member - Nigel - Tuesday, Feb 04, 2003 at 23:07

Tuesday, Feb 04, 2003 at 23:07
Telstra owns and operates nearly all ADSL equipment in this country, and I know bigpond ADSL users that have had just as many problems. Don't reward telstra for their poor service. If your gonna change do it for a better reason like flatrate prices (available from www.iinet.net.au) or more reliable service (available from www.netconnect.com.au).
AnswerID: 12510

Reply By: Member - Lex - Wednesday, Feb 05, 2003 at 09:04

Wednesday, Feb 05, 2003 at 09:04
Thanks dor the advice guys;I had a line reset done by Telstra in less than 24 hours this time. So their service has improved or Ozemail is more concerned with customer retention.The only problem with constant ISP churning is that your email address is constantly changing otherwise I'd change in a flash.

Lex
AnswerID: 12524

Sponsored Links