Prado Roof Racks on a 105 Series Landcruiser

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 08:31
ThreadID: 32244 Views:1661 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Morning folks,

The other day, one of our neighbours was cleaning out their shed, and produced a set of 3 roller roofracks. They were sure they came off a landcruiser, so they threw them our way.

Now, it looks like they were originally off a Prado, one of the gutter-mount jobs.

The strange thing is they will fit perfectly on the 105 Series, which has roof mount points.

My question is - has anyone successfully changed a gutter mount to a roof mount type fitting? I went and got a price on new clips, and it was over $220 dollars for all 6! It looks like it should be possible, with a little cutting and grinding of the clips, but before I chop them up, just thought I would see if there was a better way.
Cheers,

Chump
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member JD- Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 08:58

Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 08:58
Hi Chump,
work it out first otherwise it will be junk!keep an eye on the appearance of it otherwise you will have a wart effect on your truck..and make sure what you are cutting is not reo for the mounts..maintain structual integrety..if all works out well you be on good dosh for an hrs work..Hope this gets the grey matter working.
JD
AnswerID: 163384

Follow Up By: chump_boy - Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 09:07

Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 09:07
I hear what you are saying - I gotta keep my cruiser looking it's sexyest....

Once I get this figured out, I'm going to look at some of those neon lights under the old girl - I rekon chicks dig that kinda thing..... It'll go great with the split rims, I rekon....

Just gotta convince the wife I really need neon lights. For safety - yeah, thats it. At night, so I can see potholes.

LOL..

Cheers,

Chump
FollowupID: 418125

Sponsored Links