welcome back john r &moses

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 19:39
ThreadID: 32270 Views:1817 Replies:4 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
evening all
john r should be back on deck soon after helping at the games there were also acouple of others but i cannot remember the names i know john has spent a fair bit of time there so will be looking for some "good company "again
thank you also to those who mm'd today it was much appreciated

steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ruth from Birdsville Caravan Park - Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 20:05

Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 20:05
Oooooh, sorry - had to WORK today and didn't check. Happy Birthday to you!!! Hip Hip Hooray. Guess JR would be back soon - didn't see him at the ticker tape parade yesterday!
AnswerID: 163508

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR (Vic)&Moses - Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 21:58

Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 21:58
Oh, so you didn't tape it to see if I was amongst the crowd. I was told today that I was on screen near the end of the marching folks as we rounded into Collins Street. Was near a guy who had a hand made sign "CGV the Village People" if you did tape it. About a third of our total numbers were at the parade and 70 at the BBQ today including some partners.
FollowupID: 418258

Reply By: Willem - Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 20:18

Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 20:18
Yeah HAPPY BIRTHDAY you old nugget....lol

Hope you had a good one!

Cheers
AnswerID: 163512

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic)&Moses - Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 21:02

Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 21:02
I tried to phone you yesterday too as I didn't want to log into the net over the mobile for anything more than getting emails and sending them. I was told "a free text message will be sent if you hang up now" as your mobile wasn't online to take my call. Just after that I had a call from a past student colleague about meeting for a meal so you didn't get another call. Happy Birthday Steve........

Thanks for thinking of us here. Am home again from 5pm today having had a bbq lunch with my Workforce mates. It was a shame I coulnd't have a beer as I had the three hour drive home and feeling tired. I got my 20 day pin for service Steve and heaps of smiles from lovely people from round the Commonwealth. The payment enjoyed most was the wide smile from the shyest African athletes, that was truly lovely. Hand shakes too for the service and friendship we offered. One of the Kenyans a couple of days back was typical.

I tried to meet Rusty of Rustyhelen but no one knew of a Rusty at the office when I went but see that a Russell got an award for his work in the logistical area so I guess it was him. I didn't get a message he was trying to contact me though I would have worked less then 100 metres from his area and he would have gone to work past me a few times I would have thought.

I met a lot of interesting people but won't mention names to protect the innocent and the guilty too. Interesting to note the bad name the state Premier has developed though for not talking to people - regardless to say he didn't talk to me either. LOL to that. Heaps of other leaders did. Bracksie had head down and walked past everybody grunt if any one asks anything. His counterpart in opposition said hello and asked if people were enjoying their job. The talk of Bracksie went round the dining tables like a DSE backburn.

Actually Moses had to have a front tyre pumped up a couple of times with a slow leak, so he may meet Mr Cooper soon. A winch to go in the front from my birthday, to put bite to his smile.

Happy Birthday again mate
AnswerID: 163528

Follow Up By: Footloose - Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 21:27

Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 21:27
Well done John, obviously there's more to you than meets the eye :))
FollowupID: 418250

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR (Vic)&Moses - Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 22:03

Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 22:03
There is plenty of me before your eyes 'Loosie ;-) Loved seeing ladies I could see eye to eye with mate. Meeting 6'4" netballers at 120+ kgs was a bit more than a match though.
FollowupID: 418263

Follow Up By: Old Scalyback & denny - Wednesday, Mar 29, 2006 at 16:32

Wednesday, Mar 29, 2006 at 16:32
goodday john
thanks for the b/d greetings
have just gone over my stupid (not old ) mobile your # came up as a missed call but normally when its in my phone book it gives me the name but has been doing some silly things lately
it sounds like you have had an interesting time and a chance to meet a lot of travellers albeit for different reasons

thank you to all the other well wishers also

steve
FollowupID: 418428

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Mar 29, 2006 at 09:33

Wednesday, Mar 29, 2006 at 09:33
Games?? What games? You mean that overpriced Toorak/Brighton Business waste of money over the last few weeks (I think - note: I have a care factor of - lots) thats designed to cost us millions and give a few tossers a buzz?
AnswerID: 163590

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR (Vic)&Moses - Wednesday, Mar 29, 2006 at 23:54

Wednesday, Mar 29, 2006 at 23:54
you better start naming the tossers mate. Yeh, it cost us all heaps, me too.
FollowupID: 418547

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Mar 30, 2006 at 17:21

Thursday, Mar 30, 2006 at 17:21
Bracks, So, Walker..

theres 3, Im sure you can add a few.
FollowupID: 418706

Sponsored Links