Hollow Hotel

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 29, 2006 at 09:59
ThreadID: 32292 Views:2054 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All, has anyone heard an old deserted pub named the Hollow Hotel? suppossed to be around the Broken Hill area somewhere. I did see a photo in a mag sometime ago, showing the ruins with the name Hollow Hotel on the roof. Any help as to its location would be appreciated.

Thanks
Glenn
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: V8Diesel - Wednesday, Mar 29, 2006 at 17:27

Wednesday, Mar 29, 2006 at 17:27
There's a film set that is built on a claypan near BH. It has been seen in numerous guises including XXXX, Birds Eye corn & Fosters Asia. Maybe that could be it. It is reinvented each time remember.

You head out past the Silverton Hotel and it's another 10(?) km's or so further on. (memory is a bit vague on directions - been a few years)
AnswerID: 163683

Follow Up By: blatto - Sunday, Apr 02, 2006 at 09:55

Sunday, Apr 02, 2006 at 09:55
Thanks V8Diesel, I'll try and track it down in the next few months when I get out that way, I'll post what I find out.

Thanks

Glenn
FollowupID: 419238

Reply By: BigPop - Sunday, Apr 02, 2006 at 21:45

Sunday, Apr 02, 2006 at 21:45
There used to be a pub called the 'Rockwell Hotel' about 10k's out on the Menindee Rd and this burnt down many years ago (about 30 odd years back maybe more) and there was only ruins left - there was also the Yanco Glen Pub which was on the Tibobburra Rd out past the Stephens Creek Pub - it also burnt down some years back but I don't know if there were any ruins of this left. It was real icon in the district with Mal & Judy Campbell being the publicans and real characters.

Other than these maybe as suggested could be an old movie set.

Regards,
BigPop
(I never get lost because everyone tells me where to go)
AnswerID: 164486

Sponsored Links