Gunbarral Hwy

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 22, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 323 Views:1656 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We're planning to do the Gunbarrel Hwy next year in April or May.
Do we need any permits to cross Aboriginal land and when yes, where do we get them?
Thank You
Joerg
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Brian - Monday, Jul 23, 2001 at 00:00

Monday, Jul 23, 2001 at 00:00
It's probably worth getting a copy of the Lonely Planet guide "Outback Australia" as it has an extensive section on the gunbarrel and contacts for permits. Aboriginal Affairs Dept in Perth can supply permits for WA, Central Lands Council in Alice Springs for any NT travel.
AnswerID: 788

Reply By: Linda - ExplorOz - Tuesday, Jul 24, 2001 at 00:00

Tuesday, Jul 24, 2001 at 00:00
Hi Joerg, David and Michelle (ExplorOz directors) have just completed the Gunbarrel and will be adding the trek notes in about 4 weeks time and they also contain all information about permits (as the other treks also do). If you put yourself on the newsletter list (from the main page) you'll be able to know when the Gunbarrel trek is up and it should answer your questions. Regards, Linda (ExplorOz)
AnswerID: 793

Reply By: MARK LEE - Sunday, Sep 02, 2001 at 00:00

Sunday, Sep 02, 2001 at 00:00
HI JOERG WE ARE GOING TO BE DOING THAT SAME TRIP IN APRIL 2002 PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOUR PLANS ARE GOING. WE ARE GOING WITH ANOTHER COUPLE I HAVE A JACKAROO AND THEY HAVE A PAJERO, WE HAVE HIRED 2 CAMPER TRAILERS.AS FAR AS I KNOW WE HAVE TO GET PERMITS. TALK TO YOU SOON majlee@iprimus.com.au

REGARDS MARK LEE
AnswerID: 1004

Sponsored Links