Hilux 4 runner

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 06, 2006 at 11:05
ThreadID: 32576 Views:1636 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello all,

I'm Cameron, I am a car broker/wholesaler based on the Wet/sunny Gold Coast, this is my first thread on here.

Anyway, I buy and sell a lot of vehicles, however my latest purchase was an immaculate 91 4Runner Sr5 ltd. I like this thing so much I have decided to keep it.
Should be great to bash around and cheap enough to not worry if I break it.

The only thing I don't like is the lack of power, particularly low down torque.
Does anyone on here have experience with aftermarket exhaust systems on these what sort of gains can be expected or will it need a chip as well?
Any positive advice appreciated.
Its a 3.0 v6 manual.

Thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Paul P (Bris) - Thursday, Apr 06, 2006 at 11:21

Thursday, Apr 06, 2006 at 11:21
Mine was agreat vehicle ( 4runner getaway model) I raised it very slightly. Put 10rs on it so the tyre rolling diameter was the same as landcruiser etc with 16 inch wheels. Good gas shocks make a big diference to. Not a lot of front wheel travel.

Agree not a lot of performance and the 10rs raised the gearing more. Great low range gearing the lack of low down torque was never an issue in low range even in sand.

I never bothered with performance mods as it toured well just back to 4th approaching hills and went well in low range. The major issue with them was faulty head gaskets. Have they been replaced on yours?

If it has a notchy second gear or hard to get in second gear on cold mornings replace the gearbox oil with a full synthetic oil. Fixes this problem.

Regards

Paul
AnswerID: 165217

Sponsored Links