Satellite TV

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 06, 2006 at 20:24
ThreadID: 32607 Views:6450 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hello, can anyone tell me why my free to air satellite tv has stopped working. It was all good two weeks ago when I had it on, now saying channels scrambled. Please help.

Thanks in advance

Baler
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: japmel - Thursday, Apr 06, 2006 at 20:27

Thursday, Apr 06, 2006 at 20:27
Ah that would be because the pirated card you have was stomped on by Optus a couple of weeks ago.

You have to buy a legit Optus card to get it to work now. About $100.00

Regards
japmel
AnswerID: 165374

Reply By: Baler - Thursday, Apr 06, 2006 at 20:31

Thursday, Apr 06, 2006 at 20:31
Thanks for your quick reply, is it possible to get another gold card (think thats what the guy who sold it to me called it) that will work with the new settings?
AnswerID: 165375

Follow Up By: Steve Perry (Mackay) - Thursday, Apr 06, 2006 at 23:05

Thursday, Apr 06, 2006 at 23:05
Same happened to my decoder, rang the supplier, he explained the reason in detail. Sent him my card to replace, NBD (no big deal) however he advised that the decoder may well scramble again and again etc, and I have to keep sending the card to him, no charge involved.

The $100 card has it's own set of problems in relation to 7 and Impaja, your supplier should explain it all.

The cheaper decoder, no card slot, cannot be used any more.

regards

Steve
FollowupID: 420302

Reply By: Mr Fawlty - Friday, Apr 07, 2006 at 10:17

Friday, Apr 07, 2006 at 10:17
Yes & the genuine Optus cards are periodically deactivated just to stop people travelling around the country enjoying TV...A right pain in the Bummmmm....I found it simpler to take my pay tv box away with me even though they say you are not allowed to do it but after some research there is no way they can stop you. Satelite TV is a download system only....
AnswerID: 165522

Reply By: Keepleft - Saturday, Apr 08, 2006 at 12:06

Saturday, Apr 08, 2006 at 12:06
The gold cards etc, UCAS boxes that have stopped working need to have legitimate details added, the UCAS boxes will remain off.

Once this is done the next isue will be around 2008 when Irdeto 1 ceases on Aurora.

What you can do:
*1 Re-align the dish to Optus B1 (from Aurora's C1) instead, so you can receive the ABC and SBS stations (rightly unencrypted on this Sat). An 85cm diam dish is fine, but you should be able to get these on the more usual 65cm too, but reception might be clear on the 65cm, - but if it spits - you might lose it!!

IF you install to a home - DO buy a 85cm - to 1.2m diameter dish. 1.2 recommended.

*2 SUBSCRIBE to the new pay TV service called "SELECT TV" they broadcast from the satellite Pas 8.

Their English package costs $29.95 month, has no long term contracts, AND you are legally free to use your personally owned Irdeto compliant decoder such as Humax, Topfield, Strong, UEC etc and your own dish gear and so on. If you don't own a decoder you can buy one of their UEC 990 decoders for $175, I'd choose something else though, the UEC's okay for a second room box.

Channels are: Movie One, Movie One +2, Movie Greats, TCM, BBC, CNN, Cartoon Network, Wine TV, EuroNews, EuroSports, Fashion TV, Real Madrid (Soccer), National Geographic, E!, Adventure 1. MTV, VH1, Ovation.

Good for a budget service that is not meant to be a Foxtel or Austar, even a small Ku band 'camping' dish 35cm will get this.

AnswerID: 165784

Follow Up By: Baler - Sunday, Apr 09, 2006 at 10:30

Sunday, Apr 09, 2006 at 10:30
Thanks Keepleft. Do you need to line up the dish on another satellite as I would like to keep what I had (with correct card) without having to adjust disc

Thanks
FollowupID: 420836

Reply By: Keepleft - Sunday, Apr 09, 2006 at 14:37

Sunday, Apr 09, 2006 at 14:37
Baler -fraid so.

Select TV ison the satellite Pas 8 - slightly to the 'right' of your existing C1 Aurora setting.

If your a 'fixed' dish install on a house (or when holidaying), you could add a 3-way LNB holder to the end of the dish vis:-
Site Link

One holder would aim at C1 for Aurora, the other at Pas 8 for Select TV. The third need not be used.

I would suggest that folk looking at doing so at a 'fixed' installation who don't yet have a dish, buy one specifically designed for the purpose, example this one:
Site Link

AnswerID: 165950

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Sunday, Apr 09, 2006 at 14:42

Sunday, Apr 09, 2006 at 14:42
Baler,

Our decoder stopped working on channel 7 the other day, said the transmission was scrambled, or words to that effect.
The next day, everything was fine. Did pull the smart card out a couple of times, but did nothing else.

Imparja worked all the time this was going on. We have 3 decoders, one each for ABC, 7 & Imparja.

Hooroo...

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 165952

Sponsored Links