Central Locking

Submitted: Friday, Feb 07, 2003 at 15:04
ThreadID: 3262 Views:1546 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Gday All,
Has anyone had problems with the central locking on a GU Patrol, at the moment I push the remote to unlock the doors and it locks straight away.
I hope I dont leave the keys in the ignition by mistake or I will be walking.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Gary
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - AndrewPatrol - Friday, Feb 07, 2003 at 17:10

Friday, Feb 07, 2003 at 17:10
Apart from seeing Nissan, I'd attach my remote to the key so you can't lock them in the car. My locking works fine except you have to be in the right place for the receiver to "see" the remote.
AnswerID: 12666

Reply By: Spy - Friday, Feb 07, 2003 at 17:46

Friday, Feb 07, 2003 at 17:46
Sounds faulty to me. I have noticed however that there is a relocking system built into the car central locking system. I have found that if you unlock the car with the remote and then don't start the vehicle or open a door that the car locks automatically about 30 seconds later (it may be a few seconds more, I can't remember now.) I assumed that it was a mechanism to prevent the system being accidentally unlocked. If a door is opened or the engine started it does not relock.
AnswerID: 12669

Follow Up By: Sensei - Friday, Feb 07, 2003 at 17:57

Friday, Feb 07, 2003 at 17:57
That is correct Spy, about 30 sec after the remote is pushed the car will relock itself. The problem I have is the car locks straight away before I even get a chance to open the door....I have had this problem before on a VR commodore and found that one door was faulty causing it not to unlock with the others and then locking the car again. I will check it out but I think it will be to the nissan dealers
FollowupID: 7411

Reply By: toonfish - Monday, Feb 10, 2003 at 00:03

Monday, Feb 10, 2003 at 00:03
had the same prob on my navara
one front actuator is probably loose or rod maybe loose or bent so the other locks work from this one .
sometimes there are 2 actuators both on front doors or just drivers door.

also as said before there is an auto lock
big pain in bum
turn it off
mine can by pressing remote a certain amont of times and lights will flash to say it is on or off.
AnswerID: 12775

Sponsored Links