Mt Finke & it's Geocahce

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 09, 2006 at 22:07
ThreadID: 32725 Views:2095 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

If anyone is travelling Googs Track and calls in to see Mt Finke (well worth a visit) there is a Geocache there (Comet Finke) that has not been visited since July 2004. I left Carabat Bear 2 Travel Bear there. He would like to continue travelling this vast land of ours. If you are into Geocaching please find him and move him on. If you are not yet into Geocaching, you can find out more at WWW.geocaching.com and still move Caratbat 2 on.

Thanks
Gerry L
Perth
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: geocacher (djcache) - Monday, Apr 10, 2006 at 05:00

Monday, Apr 10, 2006 at 05:00
Hi Gerry,

I was there a few weeks ago but due to the fact that it was 40°C I decided to give the climb a miss.

With the growing number of 4wd tourers geocaching I'm sure someone will grab him soon and move him on.

Have you tried posting similar messages in the SA (& maybe Vic/WA) forums at forum.geocaching.com.au? At least the readers there have a better idea of what you are talking about. There are a few cachers here but not many.

Dave
AnswerID: 166082

Reply By: Willem - Monday, Apr 10, 2006 at 07:36

Monday, Apr 10, 2006 at 07:36
Roachie and a few other reprobates will be travelling that way over Easter, so I hear.

Maybe he will find Carabat Bear. Then again it could be doubtful that he will find Mt Finke after his self admission as to getting lost in the shopping carpark of his hometown...lol

Fancy leaving a teddy out there in the Never Never. All our bears are shocked at the news. All they can say is that they hope you left a blanket with Carabat to keep him/her warm

Cheers

AnswerID: 166094

Reply By: AdlelaideGeorge - Monday, Apr 10, 2006 at 12:33

Monday, Apr 10, 2006 at 12:33
I knew it!!!!!!! ...........it's a new American marketing idea that's 'sweeping the world'! how to sell more GPS units in one easy lesson. What about 'finding' the tracks of Cooper tyres or guessing which dust cloud's the Landcruiser's..........give me a break!
[My posts are becoming contentious]
AnswerID: 166142

Sponsored Links