NRMA Batteries

Submitted: Monday, Apr 10, 2006 at 11:52
ThreadID: 32736 Views:7424 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Well just had NRMA put a battery in .....tell me I am an idiot. Going away this week I found that it was turning a little slower than normal and I need to be safe. We are off to the canberra folk festival and it gets bloody cold down those parts.

He argued that he could not give me 2 years warrantly because the 80 series deisel had dual batteries. I explained as best I could that they we seperated by the dohicky and he rang his boss, finally said ok.

Told me it was an 11 plate batteryhe was putting in. I said no way and when he checked with his boss, no it is 15 plates. I real worry. he didnt know what a plate was.

THE QUESTION ....he said I should change both batteries at the same time. I said phuey and I am reading the theads on Deep cylce to run the fridge so I am keeping my options open.

Anyway tell me I am an idiot for paying the extra to have it delivered and put in for $160. But I have so much to do before going away I don't have time to scratch myself.
Anyway happy choc bunny season.

Skinny
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: guzzi - Monday, Apr 10, 2006 at 12:15

Monday, Apr 10, 2006 at 12:15
OK,
if it makes you feel better, "Your an idiot".
Did That help?
Thought not.
There are times when, as in your case,you NEED to pay the extra and leave it all to someone else due to time constraints etc.
It would be gratifying if the person chosen for this knew something about the product hes selling and could tell the difference between his a#$@ and his elbow.
I seem to suffer from people like that on occasions as well.
At most its cost you $30 more than doing it yourself and you have warrenty.
Dont sweat it, go and enjoy your trip.
Pete
AnswerID: 166139

Follow Up By: guzzi - Monday, Apr 10, 2006 at 12:19

Monday, Apr 10, 2006 at 12:19
Oh and as to "the question"
Yeah in a perfect world you probably should change both, but that would depend on how old and in what condition the other battery is in, available funds etc etc etc.
Keep searching the archives on this site it is covered fairley well.
FollowupID: 421066

Reply By: Gerhardp1 - Monday, Apr 10, 2006 at 15:03

Monday, Apr 10, 2006 at 15:03
You have a 15 plate battery with 2 year Wty delivered and fitted at your door.

That's not expensive. The only idiotic thing you may be doing is worrying about it.

The reason the fitter is a true bogun is that you can only pay someone peanuts to do on-site battery replacement and still only charge normal retail. The cost of the van, etc has to come out of his wages. So he's working for maybe $50 gross profit on the battery, less the cost of hisvan, his fuel, disposing of the old one, and taken 2 hours to do it.

I reckon maybe he's the idiot !!
AnswerID: 166172

Reply By: Geoff M (Newcastle, NSW) - Monday, Apr 10, 2006 at 21:18

Monday, Apr 10, 2006 at 21:18
"tell me I am an idiot"

Hey Skinny, you're an idiot.

What if the battery you just replaced was 5 years old and the second battery was 5 days old???
Does this put changing both batteries at the same time into perspective?

Have a great easter, by the way. You're not an idiot!!

Geoff.
Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,
Grey hair is hereditary, you get it from children. Baldness is caused by watching the Wallabies.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message
Classifieds: Landcruiser 16x8 Rims,

AnswerID: 166264

Sponsored Links