PlotSwap Updates & FREE Map

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 11, 2006 at 14:58
ThreadID: 32793 Views:1948 Replies:2 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

I have just finaliased the updates to the mapping engine.

FYI: All TrekNotes and PointPlace map downloads are now using the fully updated system. So if you want the very latest accurate downloadable geo-referenced maps then make sure you visit the TrekNotes and PointPlace systems.

As an example the new OziExplorer Geo-referenced maps are now accurate down to 1:100,000 scale and will zoom to 1:25,000. The zoom level accuracy for the track plot is going to be based on what has been uploaded however the system level data is being refined and updated all the time.

I am about to start working on the next new product that uses these maps. There are heaps of new things being planned I just need more time to get them done.
----------------------------------
And for those that open this thread - Here is a free sample map for Dalhousie to Kulgera - in the download you will find three files - One being the OziExplorer .plt file, One .gif image file which is the map itself (you can open this just by double clicking it), and the OziExplorer Geo-referencing file .map.

Dalhousie to Kulgera (Zip File - 283Kb)

Firstly you will need to extract the files from the Zip file.

If you want to use this map in moving map or view it in OziExplorer then you must move the .gif and .map files into your OziExplorer Maps directory usually c:\oziexplorer\maps. You can create a folder in maps say called ExplorOz and put the two files in this sub folder if you like.

Once these have been loaded you can simply use load map or the Index Map (in Ozi) to open this new map.

So this will give you some idea of how the system works. If you are already a PlotSwap user then you will already know all about this if not - there you go.

Here are the PlotSwap page details for the free map above:
Link to PlotSwap for Dalhousie to Kulgera.
Number of Points: 1568
Length: 342.72km
Recorded: 26 Jun 2002
Between Points: 0.22km
Dalhousie Springs to Kulgera via Bloods Creek, Boland Dam, Abminga, Charlotte Waters, New Crown and Finke.

FYI: Each of these maps is built on the fly and emailed directly to your computer from the PlotSwap system. We have over 420 plots loaded covering 230,000kms. Coupled with the 70,000 waypoints which I am building the downloaders for ASAP.

Enjoy!
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Tuesday, Apr 11, 2006 at 15:09

Tuesday, Apr 11, 2006 at 15:09
Hi David,

Appreciate the new features but I wonder if this is a bit like grabbing the tiger by the tail. The better it gets - the more people will visit - the more enhancements needed etc. It is almost better than sliced bread!

Kind regards
AnswerID: 166450

Follow Up By: Member - Jay Gee (WA) - Tuesday, Apr 11, 2006 at 20:39

Tuesday, Apr 11, 2006 at 20:39
I agree - it's too good. Give us an inch and we'll take a mile.
FollowupID: 421418

Sponsored Links