How to Measure

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 12, 2006 at 23:30
ThreadID: 32850 Views:1364 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi one and all , I have in the last twelve months purchased an 80 series cruiser the previous owner has had new springs put into it front and back they were surpposed to be hi lift kit ( I would prefer normal) a few people who has seen it seams to think that it is (normal) my question is were do you measure to find out if it has been lifted and what are the new measurements . I like a lot of other forumites have become addicted to this site , you go away and when you get home the first thing you do is turn the computor on to find out what been going on and how many Nissans have blown there motors up . Cheers for now and keep up the good work Roughneck
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Wednesday, Apr 12, 2006 at 23:39

Wednesday, Apr 12, 2006 at 23:39
I think you just measure from top to butttom of the spring. Thats what I would have done but could be wrong
AnswerID: 166810

Reply By: Mark T - Thursday, Apr 13, 2006 at 08:12

Thursday, Apr 13, 2006 at 08:12
If you measure from the centre of the axle to the bottom of the mud guard, then you will get the height regardless of what size tyres you have. Then all you need to know is the same measurement on a standard model.

Cheers

MT
AnswerID: 166840

Reply By: c j - Thursday, Apr 13, 2006 at 10:41

Thursday, Apr 13, 2006 at 10:41
If you want to know your starting base measurement for lifting then go to Site Link and type in the Approval Code from the plate on your firewall and set "Status" to ALL. There you will find the specs e.g. stock suspension height, tyres etc. as the vehicle was supplied for approval for sale in OZ. You don't need to fill in any other info.

AnswerID: 166863

Reply By: Scoey (QLD) - Thursday, Apr 13, 2006 at 10:48

Thursday, Apr 13, 2006 at 10:48
Most people when they replace the OEM shocks/springs with aftermarket gear genearlly go a 2" lift. You'll probably find that's what has happened on yours - I'd stick with 2" if you can as standard height 80's have a tendancy to get hung up or crush thier little GXL side steps a fair bit (speaking from experience) 2" definatley isn't high lift - he make have been confused between high lift and heavy duty springs? The heavy duty springs will probably make the 80 sit about 2" higher. Hope that helps but more importantly akes sense! haha!
CHeers
Scoey!
AnswerID: 166864

Follow Up By: Roughneck - Thursday, Apr 13, 2006 at 18:33

Thursday, Apr 13, 2006 at 18:33
Hi All thanks to Troll81 Mark CJ and Scoey I went out to the cruiser and measured it from the centre of the axil to the bottom of the guard on the front it was 54cm the rear was 56.2 and then I measured from the ground to the bottom of the plastic near the door weld and that was 56 also so I wonder how that compares to the other cruisers out there with and without lift kits , I should have mentioned mine is on 15" offroad tyres this is only relervant for those measuring from the ground up to the floor pan , thanks again Roughneck
FollowupID: 421919

Sponsored Links