Safari snokle

Submitted: Friday, Apr 14, 2006 at 18:36
ThreadID: 32896 Views:1636 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all

Any one fitted a Safari snokle to a FJ60 before, what cost would I be looking at. Any one know anyone south of the river Perth ( Rockingham way ) thats fits them.

I did read this post about them but could find where to relpy.

Site Link

TT
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Brian (Gold Coast) - Friday, Apr 14, 2006 at 19:53

Friday, Apr 14, 2006 at 19:53
A mate helped me with mine..... actually I helped him!! LOL.... the most important thing is to check EVERYTHING twice (at least) to make sure you're right! And reading that post in the archives, I wondered how the dude who was gonna use the jigsaw ended up???? We used tin snips for the 4omm hole, (both being fridgies in the air con game, had used them once or twice before!).....

That post is archived, which (I think) is why we can't reply to it.

Cheers

Brian
AnswerID: 167053

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Saturday, Apr 15, 2006 at 10:54

Saturday, Apr 15, 2006 at 10:54
TT,

As Brian said, check twice or more, then cut, hack, chop. I put a safari snorkel on an 80 series, a few years back. After doing the marking out, the hardest, scariest part is cutting the 75mm hole in guard. I used a small drill bit, and drilled a multitude of holes around the outer rim of the large hole. Laborious, and too easy for the drill to slip, scratching the paint work. In hindsight, would have bought a 75mm holesaw, if Mt Isa wasn't 6 hours travel away.

The other point, with 80 anyway, is you will have to break your arm in 3 places, so it can fit comfortably through the mudguard, to tighten all the fixing nuts.

Like the safari unit, over the others, though no real reason why. Doesn't block your vision, to any extent.

Advice would be to pay ARB, or the like to fit it for you. About $400 fitted???

Hooroo...
Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 167115

Sponsored Links