Have you got latest info on Yarramunmun

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 11:10
ThreadID: 32983 Views:1862 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Wanting to take inexperienced 4wd owners up Yarramunmun...

What is the track like these days since its opened again???? I havent done this for a few years so I can only go off what I knew back then....

How bad is that hard section going up the hill???? Do you think that a Prado could get up there now - it should shouldnt it cos one of the prado owners did it in an x-trail 2 - 3 yrs ago...

Laura B
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: brian - Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 12:32

Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 12:32
Laura the hard section doesnt exist anymore has been removed with a grader,easy run in 2wd these days the track along the top where you turn left still exists runs down toward wombat flat,there are still some mud holes along the top flat area but nothing to worry about can drive a commodore along most of it these days
AnswerID: 167549

Reply By: Member - Nifty1 (NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 15:05

Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 15:05
I drove this track about a month ago in my Grand Vitara and got out OK. I'd not done this drive before and it was the most testing trip I have ever done .
I think the car came out better than I did..
Once on the plateau there were lots of water holes to get through but they were fine .
AnswerID: 167576

Follow Up By: Laura B - Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 17:12

Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 17:12
I have pulled many cars out of the hole up the top....mainly because they havent checked the levels and gone for the sink!! the worst one i rescued was a brand new hilux the guy had had for 1 week....it was up over the roof and the only thing you could see was the back half of the tray......he had sunk his other brand new hilux in the same hole the week before....i have never seen this hole dry or anywhere near it!!

Good on you for giving it a go...anything can be scarey the first time round!!!

Laura b
FollowupID: 422801

Reply By: Matt McEwan - Thursday, Apr 27, 2006 at 19:07

Thursday, Apr 27, 2006 at 19:07
We found gates open at Christmas and went to top of hill and back down again in our new Prado, very graded, all high range and could probably get a commodore up there in the dry. Was interested to hear at the supershow today that the gates are open again for good, although Shoalhaven Tourist Office didn't know about it. Can you drive right through to nerriga Rd? What's the road like, should/could I tackle it solo?
AnswerID: 169364

Follow Up By: Laura B - Thursday, Apr 27, 2006 at 20:06

Thursday, Apr 27, 2006 at 20:06
easy as!!! all these major tracks will lead to Nerriga Rd (Braidwood Road)

really....there are just a few great big dirty water holes up there that have never been dry.....have pulled a lux out that only had its backend of the tub showing!!!!

its just a dry dirt road....its only getting up tho the flat that is/was hard...use to have a bit of a rock wall that you had to get over!!

Simple!! The only few tracks i would not recommend are : "Black Wood Fire Trail" (4km long and will break engine mounts, axels , diffs , - did it twice - nearly rolled off hill 2nd time - never again!!) , " Roll Back" - the name says it all!! - there is a rocky burnt out and rolled at the bottom , and "Dusty" - just tree roots on a steep hill

all these tracks come off Wombat flat and are designed to do damage!!! Thats what they were built for i was told by the guy who put them in 20yrs ago.....

Easy....thats all i can say...

Laura B
FollowupID: 424689

Sponsored Links