Birdsville.........

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 12:58
ThreadID: 32990 Views:2281 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We just got home from Birdsville last night and had a great trip. We didn't have much time, only one extra day before Easter and one day off today but it all worked well. 2 Days from Brisbane for 1650km is pushing it but what can you do. We had the pleasure to meet Ruth and Ian from the Birdsville Caravan Park and I have to say those two run a very nice place in Birdsville. Great people and we would have loved to spend some more time there but next time.
Anybody thinking about checking out Birdsville do it, its a fasinating place and there is so much to see. I loved the working museum in Birdsville and I could have spend all day in there. We went out and had a look at Big Red but this trip was going to stay on this side of the dunes.
We blew one Tyre on the way home and broke a spring on the Teardrop Camper but otherwise what a trip.
Thank you Ruth and Ian for looking after us and for the others get out there and do it :-)

cheers
Reiner
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 14:32

Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 14:32
G'day Reiner,

Hope you were carrying a spare spring? I agree with you that there is something special about Birdsville and it is not simple to put one's finger on what that is, but it certainly has me wanting to go back. Good company at the CV park and some outstanding banana splits at the gallery seem to flood my mind. The desert is another story, was just discussing this with some friends over the weekend, it is hard to describe its appeal - there is very little out there but yet it has everything.

Glad to hear you made it back in one piece - well almost.

Kind regards
AnswerID: 167572

Reply By: Ruth from Birdsville Caravan Park - Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 15:04

Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 15:04
Reiner and Sam - glad you made it home. Oh no, not the spring! It was so nice to have you here and we had such interesting conversations! Like minds. Hope we can get to spend more time together after October.
Ruth and Ian
AnswerID: 167575

Reply By: roofscooter2 - Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 19:09

Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 19:09
Hi Reiner, what were you up to ,( qld good outback road's) to break a spring on the camper? Good to see you had a fast & safe trip. Cheer's Bob.
AnswerID: 167630

Reply By: Trevor R (QLD) - Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 22:16

Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 22:16
I've been wanting to get out there for years, I have never got the timing right as yet but I may just have to follow in tour footsteps and do a quick run to satisfy my curiousity. I just know I'll end up staying longer and bugger up my work schedule when I do though.
Good tp see you had a great time, even if it was short and sweet.

Cheers Trevor.
AnswerID: 167686

Sponsored Links