12/24V Fridges

Submitted: Wednesday, Nov 29, 2000 at 01:00
ThreadID: 33 Views:2953 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Thanks to all that have helped with their replies to my previous questions on fridges. I think I have it down to two as far as value for money, reliability, and rugedness.

It looks like it will be a SupaKool or an Engel. Any final advice will be gratefullyu received. Thanks

Mick
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Alwyn - Sunday, Dec 03, 2000 at 01:00

Sunday, Dec 03, 2000 at 01:00
Hi Mick,
I have had a Trailblazer Fridge 60 litres for over 7 years and it is still as good as the day I brought, it runs on 12v DC and also 240v at home, it is a robust fridge and we have been pleased with, my wife and do a fair bit of camping.
Hope this helps you.

Regards
Alwyn
AnswerID: 58

Reply By: CHAPO - Monday, Dec 04, 2000 at 01:00

Monday, Dec 04, 2000 at 01:00
TRAILBLAZERS ARE EXCELLENT FRIDGES AND SO ARE AUTOFRIDGES. IF YOU WANT THINGS TO STAY COLD IN THE HOT OUTBACK FORGET ENGELS OR SUPAKOOLS. MAKE YOUR DECISION ON PERFORMANCE NOT HOW CHEAP THEY ARE. I WOULD MUCH RATHER EAT MEAT OR DRINK BEER OUT OF MY AUTOFRIDGE THAN MY MATES ENGEL BELIEVE ME.
AnswerID: 62

Reply By: David - Wednesday, Dec 06, 2000 at 01:00

Wednesday, Dec 06, 2000 at 01:00
Micheal, the fridges that everyone have been talking about are all very good fridges, however look around where the repair agencies are.
We are a camping equipment hire company and this is one of the things that we researched before starting, i personally have an engel thats almost 30 years old and hasnt missed a beat, we hire engels and chescolds because they are the most popular and if need be can be repaired just about anywhere in australia or overseas, weve been hiring them now for 3 years and have only had to repair one 39lt (due to a roll over in the Kimberley) it was repaired in Kunnanurra within two days...food for thought anyway. You can contact me on (o7) 3886 5466 or email atrekcamping@ozemail.com.au good luck with your choice, cheers, David.
AnswerID: 68

Reply By: David - Wednesday, Dec 06, 2000 at 01:00

Wednesday, Dec 06, 2000 at 01:00
Micheal, the fridges that everyone have been talking about are all very good fridges, however look around where the repair agencies are.
We are a camping equipment hire company and this is one of the things that we researched before starting, i personally have an engel thats almost 30 years old and hasnt missed a beat, we hire engels and chescolds because they are the most popular and if need be can be repaired just about anywhere in australia or overseas, weve been hiring them now for 3 years and have only had to repair one 39lt (due to a roll over in the Kimberley) it was repaired in Kunnanurra within two days...food for thought anyway. You can contact me on (o7) 3886 5466 or email atrekcamping@ozemail.com.au good luck with your choice, cheers, David.
AnswerID: 69

Reply By: David Sutton - Sunday, Dec 17, 2000 at 01:00

Sunday, Dec 17, 2000 at 01:00
I have used an Engel for 20 years without any real complaint except for the fact that in temps of 35+ you have trouble keeping stuff cold. That was the best that was around then. All the fridges that others talk about are modified and upgraded Engels. Need to go with new technology and thinking. All the fridges mentioned use a 12v Danfoss compressor and this has not really changed in 30 years except for things like insulation quality and solid state. In new design fridges I believe the best at the moment is the Limack out of Adelaide. It works on 240v throu an 98% inverter. It will pull -18 in 45 degree ambient temp. They are the most expensive on the market but it will be my next fridge
AnswerID: 82

Sponsored Links