caravan repairers

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 20, 2006 at 19:28
ThreadID: 33099 Views:1777 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
our caravan was damaged in the hail storm last october still not fixed. goes in next month thats eight months, glad i could still use it .
pete
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mr Fawlty - Thursday, Apr 20, 2006 at 19:50

Thursday, Apr 20, 2006 at 19:50
Watch em like hawks... I have a damaged side on mine from last June & was taken in last Tuesday for repairs. Ok AAMI assesor tells me that they can't get the same profile aluminium for the job but the repairer has some similar and they were only going to do the area that is damaged...... Why don't you get the matching siding I ask, It's no longer available says the AAMI guy... Oh says I...
So I phone up the manufacturer and give them the chassis number, they tell me they are still using that profile what is the problem? Ok back to AAMI to tell them it is available... Oh the repairer said it wasn't. We will adress this & get back to you. They did and much to the horror of the repairer who was going to use some leftovers he now has to get the proper stuff....
Why is it that everyone is out to screw you these days? No wonder I'm a racidivistic Cynic...
AnswerID: 168146

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Thursday, Apr 20, 2006 at 21:31

Thursday, Apr 20, 2006 at 21:31
Don't these insurance companies think that maybe you've been through enough without them shafting you as well. They all seem the same to me.
FollowupID: 423456

Sponsored Links