Versa lite tube replacement

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 22, 2006 at 17:59
ThreadID: 33150 Views:1762 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Good day,

Might sound like a silly question but I pulled apart the handle of my versa lite and in the process pulled out the earth wire at the tube end. Now as I didn't see where it came off can't work out where it goes, can anyone please help.

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Peter - Saturday, Apr 22, 2006 at 19:57

Saturday, Apr 22, 2006 at 19:57
Pretty sure from memory that it is just captured between the body and metal part of the globe holder. When you push the two parts together the earth is just held in by pressure (ie no actual attachments). If you can't get it working let me know and I'll pull mine apart and find out exactly where it goes
Peter
AnswerID: 168493

Reply By: derraux - Sunday, Apr 23, 2006 at 15:11

Sunday, Apr 23, 2006 at 15:11
at the end of the tube you should have a rubber block which slides into the outer poly case in this rubber block is a place where the earth wire goes and as said before it goes between that and the silver strip at the back when you put it back to gether make sure you get the other end of the tube lined up in the locator block or you will break the tube pushing it back in i have seen alot of broken tubes this way also make sure the wires on to the tube are tight sometimes they are a bit loose if they are loose squash them a bit with pliers then put them back on the tube.
Regards derraux
AnswerID: 168595

Reply By: geocacher (djcache) - Wednesday, Apr 26, 2006 at 11:32

Wednesday, Apr 26, 2006 at 11:32
If it's required and I hope it's not, Burnbrite Lights in Melbourne who make them have a very economical repair service for them.

Yet another advantage of buying an Aussie made product.

I'll feret out the address if you can't get it going.

Dave
AnswerID: 169053

Sponsored Links