What anti dust pressure pack/paint available

Submitted: Monday, Apr 24, 2006 at 22:05
ThreadID: 33211 Views:4452 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all.

I have not been able to pin down the source, but I am told that there is a pressure pack paint type substance the can be sprayed into wall/floor joints to seal the cracks and thus lessen the ingress of dust from under the van.

I am also told that there is a special paint that can be painted onto the roof of a caravan to seal it against leaks.

Are any of these rumours true? If so, could this 'miracle paint' (if available) be used to stop dust, and again, if available, can it be painted over?


Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: wallypop - Tuesday, Apr 25, 2006 at 08:34

Tuesday, Apr 25, 2006 at 08:34
hi there i have used caravan stop leak its a rubberised paint for the roof of all the vans i have had over the years and yes you can paint over it its very thick and only use it on the joints
i have heard of people useing bondcrete painted over there roofs but having not used it i cant say what its like or weather it works

as for stopping dust comeing in from ouder the van there is a spray product and i cant for the life of me think whats its called its not expanda foam but its grey and you can spray it aroung leaking pipes ask at any good hardware store

any way thats what i use under my van to stop dust and it works ( ohhhhhhhh for a better memory )................ len
AnswerID: 168837

Reply By: dan26aus - Tuesday, Apr 25, 2006 at 12:04

Tuesday, Apr 25, 2006 at 12:04
Hi, if you are chasing a rubberised paint in a pressure pack, you can purchase these cans from most auto part shops ( supercheap sells them for $12 - $15 per can ). I have used these on many an occassion. They are not good for the lungs, so make sure you spend the couple of bucks for a dust mask or anything that may suit. Also i do believe that you can paint over, but you wont get a smooth finish.
AnswerID: 168874

Reply By: Janset - Tuesday, Apr 25, 2006 at 13:02

Tuesday, Apr 25, 2006 at 13:02
Hi guys, thanks for the info.

That rubberised roof paint, I presume would come from specialist caravan shops?

Wallypop, that spray-on rubberised stuff you mentioned to stop plumbing leaks, I used a similar product about 10-15 years ago, it's grey in colour, but I decided against that as I found the sprayed on material was very soft and flakey if handled or rubbed up against anything else.

I will have a look at Supercheap suggestion and the roofing paint.

Thanks guys.
AnswerID: 168882

Reply By: Member No 1- Tuesday, Apr 25, 2006 at 15:44

Tuesday, Apr 25, 2006 at 15:44
your not thinking of expanding foam ...sticks to almost anything
AnswerID: 168906

Reply By: dan26aus - Tuesday, Apr 25, 2006 at 16:01

Tuesday, Apr 25, 2006 at 16:01
Hi Janset, i just found the can that i mentioned earlier. The brand is " DynaGrip " and is labelled: Rubberised Undercoating. It also states the following :

Seals & Protects against rust & corrosion, reduces road noise, durable & flexible, paintable, does not crack and dries quickly to name a few.

Hope this is of some use to you !!!
AnswerID: 168909

Reply By: Janset - Tuesday, Apr 25, 2006 at 16:46

Tuesday, Apr 25, 2006 at 16:46
Thanks guys.

No I am not thinking of expanding foam, I know what you are refering to, but it is not that.

DynaGrip is what I am looking for, and possibly the name and source for purchase for the water proofing paint.

Who knows, that may also be a suitable (cheaper) alternative as I wish to spray and or paint all possible dust entry points along any and all accessible corners, wheel arches and such.

AnswerID: 168921

Sponsored Links