Double Island/Freshwater Report

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 26, 2006 at 17:50
ThreadID: 33270 Views:1751 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Been a while since i was around this site, but have just got back from a trip to Double Island Point, which has changed quite a lot since i was last up that way.

We left from Noosa North Shore about half way through the ebb tide, and after a day up the top (and nearly losing a 'cruiser on the rocks at rainbow, I wish those pedestrians would keep out of the way) we came back about halfway through the incoming tide.

Interestingly, much of the sand on the eastern beach has been washed away, leaving a 2ft bank on the western edge, and a much lower gradient on the rest of the beach. This meant that even halfway through a moderate to large tide, we were ducking and weaving around the waves all the way down the beach coming home.

The 2 sets of rocks east of rainbow are still there, but certainly passable as long as you can either see where you are going or have a look first. The beach is quite a lot narrower than I remember though. The freshwater track is still passable to soft roaders if the driver is good enough.

All in all, no reason to decide against a trip, just be prepared to use freshwater if the tide is up and you are trying to get between rainbow and the point.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: FZJ 80 - Wednesday, Apr 26, 2006 at 22:06

Wednesday, Apr 26, 2006 at 22:06
Thanks for the info. We're goin ther friday morning. Did you throw a line in? If so is there much seaweed in the water?

Thanks

Greg
AnswerID: 169206

Follow Up By: tdcockers - Thursday, Apr 27, 2006 at 05:44

Thursday, Apr 27, 2006 at 05:44
we didn't throw a line in, no. the water was however beautifully clean and clear
FollowupID: 424577

Reply By: Coolman - Thursday, Apr 27, 2006 at 11:23

Thursday, Apr 27, 2006 at 11:23
Do you know if Freshwater lake was still dry?
AnswerID: 169298

Follow Up By: tdcockers - Thursday, Apr 27, 2006 at 17:55

Thursday, Apr 27, 2006 at 17:55
not sure, sorry mate. we would have dropped in to have a look except we were cutting it fine on the tide as it was :(
FollowupID: 424669

Sponsored Links