NIVARA ST-X SPORT BARS

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 27, 2006 at 15:19
ThreadID: 33298 Views:1552 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
All,
Can any reader advise me if the sports bars that are fitted to the ST-X Nivara's are fitted at the factory, or on their arrival at the dealers? Im getting two different answers from two different so called reputable sources.
Simply, as I am having a canopy fitted to mine with 48hrs of delivery, and "if" they are not factory fitted, why fit it on delivery to me when its going to come straight off the vehicle. Also, if they are not factory fitted, hopefully the mounting holes may have not been drilled?
As the sports bars will end up being mine and I have no use for it, what would a reasonable asking price be for it? I was going to trade it with the dealer for some add ons, but I have this gut feeeling they are not interested in retaining it.

Macca

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: snow - Thursday, Apr 27, 2006 at 15:29

Thursday, Apr 27, 2006 at 15:29
Macca I have looked at a few off the STRs admittedly (am after one for my Poverty pack DX) and they have ranged in price from $60- intthis weeks trading post to 250 odd on ebay.

I had one lined up from a fella on the gold coast at an agreed price of $140-...unfortunately for me I just couldn't get there from CQ to pick it up.

There have been a lot of sports bars from the STRs for sale in both Brissy and Melbourne.
AnswerID: 169327

Follow Up By: F4Phantom - Thursday, Apr 27, 2006 at 16:53

Thursday, Apr 27, 2006 at 16:53
If you have the brand spanking new navara dont read further, if you have the other model I have a nissan sports bar for sale. Give me your contact details if you want to discuss, price is in the ball park you are looking at.

my email

cdw@hotmail.com

FollowupID: 424655

Reply By: snow - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 10:48

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 10:48
I sent you an email Phantom
AnswerID: 169446

Reply By: macca172 - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 17:40

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 17:40
I got onto Nissan HQ in Melbourne today, with limited success. No the vehicles dont come fitted with the sports bars into the county. They are added on at a place refered to by Nissan CSO as "the compound" and then delivered to the dealers.

However, when I asked are the holes for the bar pre drilled at manufacturing level, the answer was "ummmmmmm deeeeeerrrrrrr" I dont know? He(the CSO) asked me why I wanted to know that for, so I explained the situation about the canopy being fitted and having no drill holes if possible, would be an advantage.

The CSO then advised me to get the dealer to contact Nissan's regional office and they could tell the dealer! Bloody amazing hey, why in the hell couldnt he find out and get back to me? Its all getting to hard I think!

Macca

AnswerID: 169536

Reply By: Member - Andrew W (VIC) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 20:36

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 20:36
Having bought a ST-X in December I think I can confirm that they are fiited on arrival in Oz- not at point of manufacture and not dealer fitted.
My vehicle was delayed by a few days and when i pushed and asked why the dealer said there were delays in fitting the sports bars. Fine i said - leave them off and deliver it tomorrow. Reply was that they Nissan would not release to dealers until they were fitted (by an independant, over whom the dealer had no control) , and in any case they were manufacrured with all tapped holes ready to recive them in country of origin after shipping from Spain.
God knows why(but Nissan must!)
AnswerID: 169568

Follow Up By: macca172 - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 05:27

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 05:27
Waddo,
Thanks for that info mate, yes I agree with your thoughts as well.
I have contacted my dealer back and told him the story and I said "mate its all too hard, just delivery the bloody thing with the sports bar attached"!
Soon as I get it home, I will rip the bar off and get it in the next day or so and have the canopy fitted(dealer is murfed because I dont want to purchase the nIssan canopy).
As a matter of interest Waddo, did you get the petrol or diesel ST-X? I would be very interested to know your feelings about it to date.
Macca
FollowupID: 424964

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew W (VIC) - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 11:38

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 11:38
Post No. 32944 just about sums it all up!
FollowupID: 424990

Follow Up By: macca172 - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 15:32

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 15:32
Waddo,

Thanks mate just read it! Did you get the trailer indicator problems resolved? You fitted a ARB bullbar I note, are you aware if the TJM bar causes the same problem? Also how are you finding the cruise control? I could bore you for hours with questions, but I wont of course. I take delivery of mine somewhere between the 1 Jul-1 Sep 06.

Once again thanks Waddo.

Macca
FollowupID: 425010

Sponsored Links