Qld Gathering VERY LATE NOTICE!

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 03:27
ThreadID: 33342 Views:2293 Replies:9 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone.. Is 3.12am, got to knock off work at 1.30 this morning instead of 5am *******Cheerin***********
Dave and I were talking at work tonight (Dave and Tammy are friends of ours, he had his first 4wd induction experience a week ago) 'Jero' and 'The GodFather' asked if we would take them for a drive on the weekend, well how could we say no to our 4by's!
Being 3.15am I haven't yet spoken to Perry, Trevor or Bob to see if they are in, I will email them if they don't see this, but am throwing it out to anyone who wants to join in also.
Destination? Have absolutely no idea
Time for meeting? have absolutely no idea, need a destination to meet at

So am throwing it out to you all, who wants to come, who can think of a good destination, and if someone else who wants to come thinks of a destination they know then they can be leader!
I am in Browns Plains, but we don't necessarily have to be quite close to home.
Any ideas? Any takers to join in?
Jo

PS now at 3.24am saturday morning just for your curiosity if you ever wondered just who is on the forum at this time... 2 members, 4 visitors-one being me, and 274 anon visitors... we must be rather popular overseas then I reckon!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: BLUEBAG53 - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 05:32

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 05:32
Good morning Jo and Mark. At this point I and Mrs I have other engagements. But three suggestions if I may. We spent between Easter and ANZAC Day at James Sharpe Park just South of Canungra and that was pleasant. $4/pers/night. Has Porta Loos. Dogs allowed on leashes. Maybe the opp to view a Platypus in the Cooma River. Fires are permitted, either take your own timber or buy it from the Park Manager. Nights are cool to refreshing with early mornings a good reason to curl up under the doona and sleep in for an extra 30 minutes or so.
Another is Charlie Moreland Campground in Kenilworth State Forest. Nice camp spot Last time we visited firewood was still provided free of charge, no pets, some nice walks. Again temp this time of year brisk and doona.
And the third, Wyllie Park at Petrie beside the North Pine River. This site is always popular as it has most of the amenities people look for in a good campsite without the fee. The only downside is the trainline that is located behind the park. Strategic positioning of the 4B can reduce the noise.
Hope this helps enjoy your weekend. We are at Scarborough QLD.
AnswerID: 169618

Follow Up By: Member. Rob M (QLD) - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 06:10

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 06:10
Jo & Mark.
We are already booked up for the weekend, but having travelled the Mt Lindsay Hwy yesterday, I would venture to suggest if you go that way you will not be alone.
There were dozens of caravans from a club heading I would guess for Christmas Creek area, and almost as many 4b's with trailers and camping gear.
Where ever you end up, have a great time.
Rob
Rob M

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 424965

Reply By: ZUKSCOOTERX90(QLD-MEMBER) - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 06:13

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 06:13
Jo if you are looking for alternte destination you could head to Beaudesert ,then to Rathdowny ,turn off just before Rathdowny about 3 to 5 k's left head toward's Kyogle on the lion's road.It go's through valley very scenic crossing same creek about 8 time's there is camp ground on the left on a hill , continue over the border when you get to the top you will see a plaque & little dam with memorial on the right you turn down to lookout,if you not had enough cont. lion's road about 10k's left turn to national park (sheep station camp ground) have a look nice walk or you take a drive around what they call the loop.All in all very nice drive & scenic. Cheer's Bob.
AnswerID: 169620

Reply By: Cheiffy - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 07:17

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 07:17
If it is offroad action you are after Jo, check out Cityview 4wd Park in Beaudesert. You could also combine Cleared Ridge and Condamine Gorge for a good day out. Is isnt a difficult drive but it is very scenic.

Cheers

Cheiffy
AnswerID: 169625

Reply By: Member - Pezza (QLD) - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 09:56

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 09:56
G'day Jo,
Read your email about 5 min too late mate, just got off the telling bone to a mate and organized to go for a ride up at black duck tomorrow, have been trying to get out on the bike for a few weeks now and something always came up.
Bob's and Chiefey (I think, forgive me if I got it wrong, too lazy to check) have got some good one day trips there, the one Bob is talking about is the one I mentioned to Mark the other day, and connondale gorge is where I was gonna take everyone had we gone to Rathdowney instead of Borrumba, also a nice drive.
If you decide on some 4bying action and go to Black Duck give me a yell, so's I can keep a lookout for you, don't mind gettin' cleaned up by a Nissan but it'd be pretty sad if it happened by a Paj !

Avagoodn
Pezza
AnswerID: 169642

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 15:15

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 15:15
Have fun at Black Duck. Break a leg so to speak (I shouldn't have said that should I?) That lever in front of your right foot is a brake lever just in case you find yourself with too much inertia. I know you have never used it before but you have to remember youv'e had another birthday since you last went out hahahahaha.

Cheers Trevor.
FollowupID: 425008

Reply By: Trevor R (QLD) - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 10:58

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 10:58
Jo,

Sorry mate, that's a big NO can do from me as well. Still got the stiches in the side of my melon that I have to take care of. Once there out next week?? I will more than likely be off to Townsville for work so count me out until Mid May.
You cold always just go back down around Ormeau again, we only saw a small portion of the tracks down there, it would just be a matter of drive and see what you find.
Have fun.

Trevor.
AnswerID: 169647

Reply By: Jo and Mark - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 12:18

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 12:18
Hi everyone.. thanks for all your replies.. I have copy and pasted all your replies to give me some future ideas, and those camping spots! sound pretty good to me!
Work stuffed up mine and Daves pay this week so we all can't travel out as far as we would like because of the fuel moula factor (other peoples incompetency riles me up to no end!)
I also didn't think about it this morning when I posted that yet again it is a long weekend and others will be shooting off for it.
Will check in later when we get home.
Jo
AnswerID: 169654

Reply By: Member - Happy Little Camper - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 19:25

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 19:25
Hey Jo and Mark .....I have just been thinking of a Queens Bday Event! We could all camp out the long weekend somewheres and as our family is more into the hiking bushwalking thing and then there is the 4by thing happening....well maybe we could conbine the events somehow

Cheers Rhonda
AnswerID: 169706

Follow Up By: Jo and Mark - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 20:34

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 20:34
Hey Rhonda!

What are the dates of that weekend? I wouldn't have a clue!
FollowupID: 425058

Reply By: Member - Happy Little Camper - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 21:10

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 21:10
hey Jo
June 10/11/12 tis the Queens bday weekend. How about we combine a weekend of 4bying hiking frolking etc......lol
All good fun!
Cheer Rhonda
AnswerID: 169731

Follow Up By: Jo and Mark - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 21:21

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 21:21
throw up a thread and see who is also keen I reckon. I mentioned it to Mark, he wants to just double check on a weekend that was also mentioned for a get together but I don't remember what dates.
Throw it out there and see who else will also be keen!
Cheers
Jo
FollowupID: 425068

Reply By: Jo and Mark - Wednesday, May 03, 2006 at 04:15

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 at 04:15
Rhonda! what do ya reckon about the long weekend gathering? We'll be in for it!
AnswerID: 170352

Sponsored Links