All Terrain Camper Trailers - Seven Hills Sydney

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 18:17
ThreadID: 33357 Views:7493 Replies:8 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
good evening guys and girls

im just wondering if there is anyone out there who owns one???

we are preparing for a 6 month trek around Australia in about 18 months and are starting to do our research now, and having gone trhough the task of choosing a camper this is what weve come up with, Spent well over an hour talking to Glenn who owns and builds the trailers at the 4x4 show the other day and was very impressed with what he had to offer, id just like to know whether anyone on the board has owned or does own one of his trailers??? if you do itd be good to hear from you

meg
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Steve (ACT) - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 19:54

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 19:54
We owned an older one for a few years and loved it, as with anything though models usually upgrade and have extras and improvements you could try here for info!!

Yahoo campertrailers site

Sandy
AnswerID: 169712

Reply By: megs1211 - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 20:19

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 20:19
thanks heaps sandy :) we were able to go through a lot of info with the owner at the 4x4 show and at the end of the day having taken our checklist and completed them we were most happy with the All Terrain Camper Trailer and then probably 3 Dog Campers, others seemed to have reps at the show that knew nil about their product, their product had nil advantage points or it simply did not suit our needs and wants, thanks again and will check the link,

thank you

meg and dean
AnswerID: 169717

Reply By: Of Mice & Men - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 20:29

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 20:29
Hi Meg,
Currently own the full off road version, very happy with trailer & the after sale service from the owners Glenn & Trish. Have had it for a few years now, we've dragged it to Fraser, up the Cape, Through the High Country & are planning currently for a Simpson Dessert trip later this year.
Enjoy your purchase & I hope to see you out there,
OM&M.
AnswerID: 169722

Reply By: Waynepd (NSW) - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 22:00

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 22:00
I don't own one of Glenn's trailers but i had him fabricate a piece of my trailer's tent frame which had broken. It was done with no fuss or bother and it was even arranged for me to pick it up at the Illawarra Show last year....to save me the drive over to Seven Hills....

I was looking at his trailers while i was at the factory and i think they are well constructed and the people working with him are only too pleased to show off their work...
Trish and Glenn are easy to talk to and i say hello whenever i see them at the shows.....if i was in the market for a new trailer they would be up the top of my list....

AnswerID: 169737

Reply By: megs1211 - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 22:39

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 22:39
great to hear OM&M,

glenn and trish could not have been any more helpful or nicer about the whole ordeal of picking a trailer. there were others there that i was a surprise to actually see that they were a stakeholder within the company because they didnt seem to care for much or at times know much about the campers. Dean and i have our own needs and wants and Glenn was able to meet us with these and most of which usually come under the 'options' list are standard on the All Terrain campers. there were a few things which we liked such as
-full 100x50 drawbar/chassis
-every window with an annex
-roof height
-seals on the trailer
-steel floor for insurance pruposes
-the simplicity, but functionality of the trailer and accessories
-value for money
-glenns down to earth nature, honesty and most of all that got us was that he listened and remebered things we had said. "i dont want to be the guy who will sell you a trailer and forget about you glad iv got your money. i want to be the guy who can drop in for a coffee and ring you up when im close and go for a drive"

it was that kind of feeling we got from glenn that actually put a smile on our face, and then the camper itself was exceptional

id be interested to hear OM&M if there is anything you might change?alter?add?fix?rethink?forget about? go elsewhere? about the trailer, and probably the way it has held up, youve had it for a little while and by the sounds of it done a few trips with the camper, were in the market for the full off road version also and curious as to how its held up and anything thats gone wrong or you might change?

thanks for the replys guys :)

meg and dean
AnswerID: 169747

Follow Up By: Of Mice & Men - Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 07:47

Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 07:47
Hi Meg & Dean,
Thr trailer has held up really well, had absoloutely no problems with trailer or tent. We have made a few additions since we purchased ours, we've had Glenn & Trish add the stone gaurd & tool box on the draw bar, I installed a battery & wiring into ours. I put the battery inside trailer, I covered up all the plastic hose-work ,that is in the trailer, with some ply & I sat the AGM battery on top of that. The only other things that I have done is I layed some carpet down in the back of the trailer, to stop our food boxes from sliding around on the bare steel. I have also installed some brackets on the ceiling in the back of the trailer to hold our picnic table, this way we can get to the food boxes on the road without pulling everything out first.
Any other questions, just ask.
OM&M.
FollowupID: 425105

Reply By: rainer - Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 01:43

Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 01:43
Hi,
May I ask how much you paid for your trailer, as I'm in the market for one myself?
Rainer
AnswerID: 169761

Reply By: wheeleybin - Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 08:37

Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 08:37
Hi
Just another source.
If you are not afraid to travel to look give Glen Atlee of Wallaby Campers Toormina NSW a ring at 0266588613.
Glen only builds quality and last year at a 4x4 show another major builder and seller of campers ask him to build for them and he told them sorry I take pride in what I build and I cant meet your rough standard.

Check all trailers for weld spatter under paint and if it exists the makers attitude is rough enough is good enough.

Wheeley
AnswerID: 169771

Follow Up By: Member - shad D (NSW) - Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 13:11

Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 13:11
Hi MEG
we also have an all terrian camper,we have had it 2 years now and are fairly happy with it ,having just been to the camping show at rosehill i dont think there is a better unit inthis price bracket.these trailers are very tough,we had a guy in a commordore slam into the back of us at 60 ks,once removed there was very little damage to the trailer,a small dent to the back bar but the tailgate was unaffected,a different story for the commordore it was written off ,the bonnet was up as high as the roof,bumper lights grill and radiator were gone and front of the motor was craked and oil was every where.we were due to go to S.A aweek later and glenn and trish were very helpful with checking the camper to make sure it was ok after the accident.
the only thing extra i would reccomend is 12 volt system,and if you are not getting annexe walls i would at least get the side one for the kitchen, we also have a innerspring mattress,any questions just ask .!MPG:4!
FollowupID: 425154

Follow Up By: Boo - Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 16:33

Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 16:33
Weld splatter.... after getting our AllTerrain I thought weld splatter was a non slip feater... even the gerry can holder had special non slip lumps all through it so the fuel cans wouldnt slip out. Trouble is they wouldnt have held fuel very long either..
FollowupID: 425191

Reply By: megs1211 - Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 14:06

Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 14:06
thanks very much people for your info. its good to hear both some positive and negative replies from all. as with anything im sure there are positives and negatives to be brought upon, and it is all very helpful in making our choice easier. Thanks alot boo for your contribution, it definitely has put a different angle on things and has made a good contribution to our research. The All Terrain camper pretty much has everything we want and need, and Dean is very impressed with the actual construction of the camper, and on the whole the unit seems very robust and up to the task. i have asked this question and gathered some information on several forums now and there still seems to be a lot of happy campers in their All Terrain, but also there is some that are not so happy. This is why wehave chosen to look into the camper scene thoroughly and fully so as to make the right choice when the time comes to put some money down. Thanks heaps to everyone, and keep any more info coming

meg and dean :)
AnswerID: 169825

Sponsored Links