New Friends

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 08:56
ThreadID: 33369 Views:2411 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
One of the things that I like about doing the tag a long trips is the people that you meet.

Around the camp fire the first night we all get to know each other. On the latest Vic High Country that I was on we had

A young couple from Tasmania, he worked for a company that made wind turbine generators and his partner is a Dental Nurse. They had come across just to do the 7 day trip and will be back next year to do the Flinders and Simpson

A retired couple from Brisbane, she is a retired school teacher and he a vet. They are members of the Mitsubishi 4WD Owners Club of Queensland and found out about this trip from some other club members that did the same trip earlier this year.

A Pharmacist and his family from Nowra, who have been away with us before and are planning to do the Canning next year.

A retired couple from Sydney that have travelled all over Asia in the food industry.

A couple from South Australia who have a cattle station just east of Yunta. They were blown away with the mountains we were in . Coming from where there farm is and the height's thing around them is the bridge that goes over the rail line.

Meeting different people from all walks of life is just another part of doing the tag a long tours and that make each trip different.

Wayne
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: brian - Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 09:30

Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 09:30
Yes Wayne i agree you will meet a new group of great people next weekend at yalwal half the fun is the people you meet.See you there BTW found a new level riverfront camping site in the high country will bring maps and share it with you
AnswerID: 169785

Reply By: Ruth from Birdsville Caravan Park - Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 12:02

Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 12:02
Wayne, that's the best thing about doing our job too is meeting such a terrific assortment of really nice people - after all, you immediately have something in common with them - being in the bush camping. We've met lots of people we'd love to go camping with or meet up with when out camping.
AnswerID: 169812

Reply By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Monday, May 01, 2006 at 06:35

Monday, May 01, 2006 at 06:35
It sure is the people can make the trip, all different occupations ages and they all have a million different stories.

All the best
Eric
AnswerID: 169958

Reply By: Member - John (Vic) - Monday, May 01, 2006 at 11:17

Monday, May 01, 2006 at 11:17
Same reason I'm in a 4wd club.
Every trip I have done has someone on I have not met before.

People are one of the reasons I travel not just to look at the scenery.
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 169993

Reply By: Member - Darren T (VIC) - Monday, May 01, 2006 at 17:57

Monday, May 01, 2006 at 17:57
HEY- IT WAS YOU I SAW.
I was driving out to Yackandandah from Wodonga on Saturday about 2:30pm when I saw a loaded up Troopie (gas bottles/ fuel and all other camping paraphinalia on the roof racks) coming towards me . I thought "Must be out for a long camp trip" when I saw the "Great Divide Tours" sign mounted to the front of the basket. A quick look in the rear view as you passed I saw the dusty EO spare wheel cover.

Forgot all about it until I looked at your avatar pic in this posting :)

Cheers,
Darren.
AnswerID: 170061

Follow Up By: Wayne (NSW) - Monday, May 01, 2006 at 18:28

Monday, May 01, 2006 at 18:28
Darren,

That was me alright.

Just finished 7 days in the Vic High Country.

I thought the Troopie looked like any other white Troopie :-)

Vic will be happy that the sign writing is working.

Wayne
FollowupID: 425440

Sponsored Links