NISSAN BULLBARS-NIVARA ST-X

Submitted: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 at 12:26
ThreadID: 33491 Views:2058 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Can any reader advise me who the Australian manufacturer is for the steel bullbars, sold by Nissan as a genuine accessory, to suite their Nivara ST-X vehicles? All I can find out from my dealer is that they are made in Australia, but by whom he doesnt have a clue.

The reason I ask is, they are a lot cheaper than ARB or TJM bars and I wouldnt want to get sucked into buying a product that isnt good quality.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tony G (ACT) - Wednesday, May 03, 2006 at 12:30

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 at 12:30
As far as know the bars are made by ARB, with no frills. That,s why the call them a standard bar.
AnswerID: 170410

Follow Up By: macca172 - Wednesday, May 03, 2006 at 20:05

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 at 20:05
Tony,

Please exuse my ignorance, however what is the difference between an ARB standard steel bar and their other bars?

Macca
FollowupID: 425933

Follow Up By: Member - Tony G (ACT) - Thursday, May 04, 2006 at 07:43

Thursday, May 04, 2006 at 07:43
Next time you see a "Nissan/Toyota" bar, you will notice on the winch bars that they have nock out plates, no provision for rollers strengtheners. The overall finish on the ARB std bar is not as good as the aftermarket bar sold in the showroom.
FollowupID: 426003

Reply By: Wayne (NSW) - Wednesday, May 03, 2006 at 12:34

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 at 12:34
I am sure that TJM make the steel bars for Nissan. Have a look at the lights in the bar and if they are the same as TJM than that is who makes them.

I do know for a fact that a few years back TJM made alloy bars for Nissan and the Holden and sold them as genuine parts with there own genuine part number.

If it is not TJM than it would be ARB, they are the only ones to make bars for the car manufacturers

Wayne
AnswerID: 170412

Reply By: blown4by - Wednesday, May 03, 2006 at 14:37

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 at 14:37
TJM make the bars fitted to the Patrols as part of the "Towbar/Bullbar/Driving lamp package" so I would think they would make the Navara ones too. If you have a look at a TJM brochure or their website you will soon see if they are the same. They are probably cheaper due to the volume Nissan buy or maybe the dealer has one a customer didn't want. If the combination park/indicator repeater lamps are the same as mine they do leak water but a $1.85 tube of silicone will fix that.
AnswerID: 170447

Reply By: Member - Andrew W (VIC) - Wednesday, May 03, 2006 at 21:06

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 at 21:06
Sorry to all those who did't say ARB make steel bars for the ST-X. but your wrong!! I had one fitted at Xmas to my new ST-X- and when I delivered it to ARB cos Nissan couldn't supply in time, the ARB dealer showed me two on the floor , one marked Nissan and the other ARB - both delivered to him and made by ARB! There is a slight difference between them - simply so Nissan can say theirs is exclusive but the fact is ARB make them both.
Regarding price,initially told the Nissan one (ordered with new vehicle ) was about $150 cheaper but ARB offered me both at the same price.
Just make sure when you get one fitted they do it properly and use the relays for the indicators to stop the trailer warning light showing up on the dash when ther isn't a trailer attached!
AnswerID: 170538

Sponsored Links