New Nissan Navara ST-R Utes

Submitted: Thursday, May 04, 2006 at 12:02
ThreadID: 33519 Views:2170 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I'm not seeing too many posts on the new Nissan Navara Utes (D40, I think)

Has anyone posted something I may have missed previously ?

It would be good to get some real-world feedback versus the advertorials we get from the magazines

Cheers,
Dave
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TerraFirma - Thursday, May 04, 2006 at 12:09

Thursday, May 04, 2006 at 12:09
Yes good point, I haven't seen much either, like to know how the new Diesel motor goes, big numbers, over 400nm of torque from a 2.5 litre engine. Must say I think the new and old model mix in the current offerings makes it confusing from an outsiders point of view.
AnswerID: 170620

Reply By: Member - Stillthinkinaboutit - Thursday, May 04, 2006 at 14:31

Thursday, May 04, 2006 at 14:31
I tried to have a look at one at our local dealer but they have none in stock and couldn't say when they would have any. They have a number of advance orders that they can't supply.

The dealer had a number of the superceded model with the ZD30 but I was not after one of these.

Maybe we are not hearing much because there are only a few about !

Regards,
Mark
AnswerID: 170641

Reply By: TerraFirma - Thursday, May 04, 2006 at 14:35

Thursday, May 04, 2006 at 14:35
The 3000KG towing capacity is amazing, still don't know how they manage to get a rating of around 800KG more than the new Lux.? Both vehicles look almost identical in suspension etc so how does the Nissan get the bigger Towing rating..? Oh what a feeling..!
AnswerID: 170644

Follow Up By: Davo - Friday, May 05, 2006 at 11:34

Friday, May 05, 2006 at 11:34
Yes - Interesting observation. I know when I bought my first 4WD, a Triton V6, towing capacity wasn't important. Then I bought a boat, and the whole situation changed.
I was fortunate/smart enough to put on a heavy duty reece hitch, which helped the towing limit.
For boaties (or caravanners, but more so boats), the extra towing limit of the new Navara over the Hilux could be enough to be what sways them to the Nissan brand over the Hilux. You're OK insurance-wise, and also covered by warranty-related issues, I guess.

I know the next dual cab ute I get - I'll be having a close look at towing comparisons as a fatcor in purchase. Not a good marketing strategy of Toyota's; they don't have a Dual-Cab ute that can compete with Nissan's Towing limit superiority.

I haven't seen a new Navara Ute in the flesh yet (work O/S), and the usual/common reservations about squeezing so much out of a small engine.
Apparently they are well fitted out internally as well (no lap belts, etc)

Cheers,
Dave
FollowupID: 426316

Reply By: macca172 - Thursday, May 04, 2006 at 18:08

Thursday, May 04, 2006 at 18:08
Ordered and paid a deposit for the ST-X 2.5ltr diesel manual, two weeks ago. Wont see it till at least mid July. Well worth the wait in my books!
AnswerID: 170690

Sponsored Links