Rubbish in the bush

Submitted: Saturday, May 06, 2006 at 02:48
ThreadID: 33597 Views:1936 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
G'day All.
I haven't been here for some time and while out and about with tours I let my membership lapse.
Anyhow, I have just renewed after I returned.
I had a couple of trips in the Vic. High Country and another to the Flinders, Broken Hill and Mootwingee.
People with me in my convoy were mostly from overseas and I was rather embarrassed when we came to great camping spots only to find that many had been left in a mess by other "nature lovers" yeah.....

A few years ago I noticed an improvement regards rubbish being left about but so far this year it was shocking.
Have you guys found the same?

Like a few others here I too will be heading up to Cape York and with all the water up that way I'm happy that I planned it for a little later.

I'll be looking here for feedback from you earlier travellers to the cape :-)

Cheers and take care,
Mike
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: gonebush SA - Saturday, May 06, 2006 at 17:28

Saturday, May 06, 2006 at 17:28
i totally agree about the rubbish, our last bush type camp we spent nearly 2 hours cleaning up others mess, broken bottles, disposable nappies, condoms, diabetic needles etc. the list goes on. at this place you drive past 2 big skips on the way in and out and these people are just too lazy to stop off there, it's this sort of behaviour that will in the end put a stop for every one using these bush camping areas, even though most of us only leave our foot prints.
it is the old saying - 1 bad apple will spoil the lot.
drive carefully and carry lots of gabbage bags (for others rubbish)
AnswerID: 171166

Follow Up By: Laura B - Saturday, May 06, 2006 at 21:10

Saturday, May 06, 2006 at 21:10
I have never seen anythig like what you've mentioned!! Thats nuts!!!

We see the odd cigi on the ground or maybe a tiny piece of plastic but thats it....but there is always a first for everything!!

LB
FollowupID: 426663

Follow Up By: Shaker - Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 14:11

Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 14:11
We saw bags of rubbish hidden behind scrub when we were coming out of the Simpson Desert!
I have now got both litter reporting numbers programmed into my mobile, for the high country etc it's ...... EPA 1800 352555 or Parks Victoria 13 BUSH.

Remember, litter is just another reason for areas to be closed!
FollowupID: 426763

Follow Up By: gonebush SA - Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 21:02

Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 21:02
you can trust me that i'm telling the truth about all the rubbish, i really wish that i was exaggerating, but i'm sorry to say i'm not. on the same holiday at the same spot while we were camping there through the night about 100 metres from our camp a local must of come down for a bit of fishing or some thing (we didn't hear them) but in the morning when we went for a walk there was a heap of rubbish left on the ground blowing every where, but the local couldn't of had much in the brain department and in with the rubbish were envelopes with his name and address on them, so we contacted the authorities and dobbed him in. so hopefully that might be one less person rubbishing australia.
FollowupID: 426830

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 14:01

Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 14:01
Worse places I find are the roadside stops littered with toilet paper, and The High Country gets its fair share of rubbish vandals.

Like others, we just clean it up - burn the paper, and got an old canvas duffle bag that goes on the roofrack for the rest.
AnswerID: 171292

Reply By: Member - Doug T (QLD) - Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 14:09

Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 14:09
Yeh mate , some grubs left bottles and cans on the French Line not far fron the Corner , noticed them at Easter
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 171295

Sponsored Links