Pressure Pro Tyre monitor system

Submitted: Monday, May 08, 2006 at 19:24
ThreadID: 33688 Views:3790 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Just been looking at this system. Has anyone had any experience with this brand of tyre monitor?

Simply replaces dust cap on valve stem and works as a wireles system to the in-cab monitor. Very simple to install. Sensors are a sealed unit. When you want to use the spare tyre you simply change sensor to new valve stem - no need to buy extra sensors for spares.

www.pressurepro.net.au

Cost would be around $875 to do 6 wheels - car and camper trailer.

John
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Doug T (QLD) - Monday, May 08, 2006 at 19:29

Monday, May 08, 2006 at 19:29
Well now I been thinking about this idea too BUT the one your looking at has the sensor on the outside of the tyre or on the valve stem and would be prone to 2 types of loss, 1 vandals and 2 ripped of by ... well mud,sticks, stones, and when ya get bogged, fine for city enviroment, so hop back on the net and look for the one that has the sensor inside of the tyre mounted on the wheel
I'll have a look too

Doug
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 171568

Reply By: Member - Doug T (QLD) - Monday, May 08, 2006 at 19:48

Monday, May 08, 2006 at 19:48
OK mate I found it along with some other external ones but here is the one
motorcare.com.au/smartire.htm

and this one is like the one you found but would be ok for mild 4x4ing
www.pressurepro.net.au/products/

and another internal one but maybe ok for cars because of the sensitive Chips
Site Link

let me know what you reackon

Doug
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 171578

Follow Up By: Member - Ozdyssey (QLD) - Monday, May 08, 2006 at 20:06

Monday, May 08, 2006 at 20:06
Cheers Doug
Seen the Smartire one, it's bloody expensive at around $1600 to do car and trailer.

2nd one is same

3rd it doesn't say much

I'm not worried about theft with the pressurepro but your point above re the rocks, sticks bogs etc knocking them off, certainly eliminates it.

FollowupID: 427013

Follow Up By: Member - Stan (VIC) - Monday, May 08, 2006 at 21:40

Monday, May 08, 2006 at 21:40
It costs $400 US for smartire car & trailer package...
FollowupID: 427044

Reply By: ACDC - Monday, May 08, 2006 at 19:54

Monday, May 08, 2006 at 19:54
I have a Sensatyre kit on my vehicle,does pressure and temp all 4 wheels at once on display.no problems so far.
www.outbackaccessories.com
AnswerID: 171579

Follow Up By: Member - Ozdyssey (QLD) - Monday, May 08, 2006 at 19:59

Monday, May 08, 2006 at 19:59
yes it's a good system but can't do the trailer as well - you need to buy 2 monitors
FollowupID: 427012

Reply By: Member - Paul P (Bris) - Monday, May 08, 2006 at 20:35

Monday, May 08, 2006 at 20:35
G'day

My thoughts. These systems need to:-

Monitor presurres, showing current pressures and alert for configurable variations (up and down)
Monitor temperatures, showing current temperatures and alert for configurable variations (up and down).

Both must be done (pressures and temperatures). In this area if you are going to monitor in my opinion a compromise will disapoint.

I suspect that it will all come built in to the tyres or rims in the very near future with a reciever in the car providing info.

Regards

Paul
AnswerID: 171599

Reply By: Martyn (WA) - Monday, May 08, 2006 at 22:42

Monday, May 08, 2006 at 22:42
Ozdyssey,
I've got Sensa Tyre fitted to my Nissan. works fairly well. I have a problem sensor which tends to work eventually on most trips. The indication I've found to be accurate and I was genuinely surprised how much the rear tyre temperatures rose when I had the camper trailer hitched up.
I put some aluminum pressure caps on once they were gone at the first shopping centre, not sure how long something fitted onto the valve would last in this day and age, sad but true.
Handy device can only monitor 4 tyres as mentioned before, might pick the two rear tyres and the camper trailer tyres, not to sure how good the signal would be for that distance.
Keep the shiny side up

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 171635

Sponsored Links