Tyre load rating

Submitted: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 08:48
ThreadID: 33744 Views:1909 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
My new SR5 Hilux came with road tyres with a higher then normal load rating. When i went down to put a set of mud tyres on i have been told that nobody makes a tyre with a rating that high. As it is illegal to fit a tyre with a lower load rating then recommended by the manufacture what can i do.

Can any body help.

russ
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Notso - Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 09:15

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 09:15
There was a bit of discussion on this earlier, it turned out that the bloke selling the tyres didn't know what he was talking about.

Go somewhere else and get a second or third opinion.

It is illigal to fit a tyre with a lower load rating than that on the tyre placard on your vehicle, it has insurance implications as well.
AnswerID: 171882

Reply By: Turbo Diesel - Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 10:16

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 10:16
Russbo

Same problem with my SR5 Lux let me know how you go, i have looked onto every lophole you can, all i can say is that if you are leasing the vehicle stay by the rules. I spoke to the insurance company the motor transport everyone, they all said play by the rules and you will be safe, if you don't you may get in trouble. However there is always the option of having a set of muds on a spare set of rims that you only use while off road, not the best solution but still reasonable.

Hope all goes well
AnswerID: 171892

Sponsored Links