Kalbarri

Submitted: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 11:13
ThreadID: 33748 Views:2003 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We are new to Perth and are thinking if heading up to Kalbarri for the June long weekend, camping in a caravan park...we have two yound kids (3 & 7).

Does anyone have any feedback on some of the better places to stay up and around that way?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Alan H - Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 11:46

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 11:46
Hi Robjo.
I've been there a few times and stayed at the Tudor and Murchinson parks which are both pretty good and we've walked around the Riverside (I think it's called) and that looked nice as well.
Red Bluff park looks mostly surfies but that's not to say it wouldn't be a good place to stay, just that the others are closer to what's left of the beach for little ones.

It's a nice little place and I'd recommend booking soon as they may well fill up quick especially if the weather stays fine.
Have a good trip.
Alan.
AnswerID: 171900

Follow Up By: Member - Robyn J (QLD) - Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 20:38

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 20:38
We stayed at Red Bluff last May, on our trip to WA. Went past it into town and as town was so crowded came back to Red Bluff as it was not wall to wall people. Definately visit the the Rainbow Village Parrot Breeding Centre. Great variety of parrots and the walk in avery with all sorts of birds free flying around was great.
Jenkie

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 427568

Reply By: maroni - Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 11:56

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 11:56
if not try horrocks beach towards the coast from northampton, my brother goes there with his kids around the same age as yours and says its great for fishing and great for the kids..
cheers
AnswerID: 171901

Reply By: Mainey (WA) - Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 10:34

Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 10:34
Robjo, drop in at the Port Gregory caravan park, yes at Port Gregory, a place with only about four streets and a small shop with a jetty and nice safe beach for the kids to swim. Can see the pink lake just outa 'town', is a salt lake.
The fishing & diving is great out at the rock drop-off wall.
AnswerID: 172109

Sponsored Links