Kimberleys

Submitted: Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 15:01
ThreadID: 33793 Views:1881 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Two 80 series landcruisers heading to the Kimberleys, did the trip 5 years ago, awsome, vivited Beverley Springs, Mitchell Falls, Port Warrander, Kalumbaruand several other places. Looking for more interesting and secluded places please
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - andrew B (WA) - Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 15:54

Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 15:54
The Duncan Road / Bucannan hwy is worth a look. Marella Gorge is really worthwhile - along with the Behn and Negri River. The Buchannan continues east into the Vic River Escarpment country / Top Springs area. I haven't been East yet, but its in the plans. There are many other places I could mention, but the locals may be annoyed at 'outsiders'....oh well Cape Dommett is fantastic in my opinion, especially when nobody else is out there. Give us a ring when you get to Kununurra if you want a few directions etc...

Cheers andrew
AnswerID: 172148

Follow Up By: moff - Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 17:16

Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 17:16
Thanks Andrew. I will be comming from Perth, so by the time I get to Kununurra we will be nearly finnished our trip but will still need some tips on where and how to catch those illusive barras. Drop me a line on mmofflin@bigpond.net.au

Cheers
Mark
FollowupID: 427747

Reply By: Warrie - Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 20:09

Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 20:09
Dear Moff, page 114 in your Hema Australian Road Atlas - the Kimberley. Pick a spot along the GRR and look it up in Places to see all manner of pix. Some of my favorites are Pentecost River, Manning Gorge, Inglis Gap ,Yammera Gap, Lennard River Gorge and intersections of the GRR with Derby Hwy, Great Nthn hwy and Kaluburu Rd. Try the Bungles too. safe travelling, Warrie
Warrie

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 172176

Reply By: Member - Tony T (VIC) - Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 20:14

Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 20:14
Now there might be another 3 vehicles checking out those sites- thanks for the info. tt
AnswerID: 172179

Reply By: Warrie - Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 21:25

Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 21:25
Sorry folks, this Ex Oz site is so big I've only just stumbled upon the easy way to see pix of the GRR or any other place. Click on Treks and then Gibb River Road. A list of blue words will appear one of which is Waypoints. Click on it.This gives you a nice list to choose from so click on your choice and up will come the reference from Places and hopefully someone has put up a pic or two. Now's your chance to add yours. In this way we all get to see views from different seasons, floods, dustbowls,sunsets etc. Since points of interest within 5km are often noted and you can click on those, it doesn't take long to cover all the sights in the area. Happy pic loading, Warrie
Warrie

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 172193

Follow Up By: Moser - Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 23:53

Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 23:53
Gday

We are heading up that way leaving on the 1st July, heading up through Meeka, boreline track , cape Leveque, windjana Gorge Bells Gorge, Mornington, Manning Gorge, Mitchell Fall, Kalumburu, El Questro Kununurra, Bungles bungles, and a few more stops in between,

That gives you some idea of places to visit,,

When are you heading up,

Moser
FollowupID: 427812

Sponsored Links