Nissan Navara Motor

Submitted: Friday, May 12, 2006 at 10:44
ThreadID: 33817 Views:1711 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
My son is interested in buying a Nissan Navara twin cab ute. I was loooking at the specs and it seems that they are now using the Pathfinder? motor which is a 2.5 litre intercooled turbo. Has anyone heard anything about this motor - good or bad???

Cheer
Steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - TPM (SA) - Friday, May 12, 2006 at 11:21

Friday, May 12, 2006 at 11:21
Hi Steve,

Yep its the same engine, I havent had any problems with mine in my Pathfinder (10K). On the Pathfinder forum no one has mentied any issues to do with the motor either. everyone seems happy with the fuel economy and performance. It is still ealry days though.
I always wondered if Nissan reduced the engine size to make them more reliable than the old 3.0 L type ? Its strange for a manufacter to make engines smaller than the previous models.

Not sure if the Navara has different gearing,which may alter performance. I have talked to some Navara owners during services and most only complained that the fuel tank was too small for towing.

Just wait for the 3.0 L engine baggers they will be along soon !! LOL

Hope that helps.
AnswerID: 172273

Follow Up By: F4Phantom - Friday, May 12, 2006 at 11:53

Friday, May 12, 2006 at 11:53
i find it refreashing to see the new model is not larger engined, bigger more this and more that. Every car model seems to be bigger in dimensions to the last. EG the new civic is the same size as the old accord, and this goes for nearly all cars. BMW solved this problem by making a 1 series as the 3 series is nearly like the early 5. Next up, the 0.5 series.
FollowupID: 427879

Reply By: TerraFirma - Friday, May 12, 2006 at 15:29

Friday, May 12, 2006 at 15:29
If it's the new 2.5 Litre Torque Monster I think it's too early to know about the new engine. Having said that you'd be unlucky to have an issue with a new Navara, I think they are a safe bet, unless off course youd prefer the slightly more refined and up market Hilux..! LOL
AnswerID: 172312

Sponsored Links