Any Aussie Swag Camper owners out there...

Submitted: Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 19:18
ThreadID: 33870 Views:3265 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
that have the boatloader option fitted to their camper or have fabricated their own boat loader? I want to fit some solar panels (3 or 4) to a flip out rack similar to the Trak Shak camper and would like to get some ideas on how to make one up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
David
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - uncle - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 20:33

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 20:33
Hi Grungle,
have you thought of portable solar panels? We just purchased some,I was thinking the same way ,but solar panels need sun, mounted to the camper/boat rack means the camper has to be in the sun,not good if your camping at Halls Creek or Cape York! The canvas heats up that much you have an instant sauna! Cheers .
AnswerID: 172564

Follow Up By: Grungle - Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 11:55

Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 11:55
Hi Uncle,

I do have a single portable panel that I site away from the camper so the camper is in shade but I also have 4 large 80W panels that I would like to utilise as well. The only way to carry these is mounted to a rack on top of the camper that can swing up so I can errect the camper. I was thinking of maybe a quick release system for this so the panels could be removed and sited as well.

Regards
David
FollowupID: 428250

Reply By: Alan H (Narangba QLD) - Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 13:12

Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 13:12
Grungle

Would some sort of collapsible rack be an option so that they are secured to the rack for security, Sit on top of the floor for transport and erect over the top of the canvas onsite so that the panels get full sun and shade the canvas.

I would be interested to see what you end up with as I was thinking of upgrading to batteries and panels in my Aussie Swag for the future.

Currently just run off double battery in vehicle but we currently do not stop in one place for very long.

Have thought that if we travel each day (we usually do) we could charge batteries during the day (panels on floor rack) and not try to set them up when stationary. (just hunting and gathering ideas at the moment).

AnswerID: 172624

Reply By: RustyHelen - Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 20:53

Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 20:53
Hi David
Why not get in touch with AS and ask your question? We have found them very helpful with ideas, not just wanting to sell stuff.
Rusty (AS Rover LX without boat rack)
AnswerID: 172663

Follow Up By: Jimbo - Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 21:02

Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 21:02
Please give us the details of AS. I'm always after more information on Solar.
FollowupID: 428306

Sponsored Links