Currawinya National Park

Submitted: Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 20:56
ThreadID: 33890 Views:1793 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone,

I plan to spend a few days in Currawinya NP south west of Eulo in western Qld in a few weeks time (enroute from Brisbane to Perth and back, but that's another story). From the map I have (downloaded from the Qld Gov't Parks and Wildlife Service web site), there seem to be a couple of camping places in the Park. Does anyone have any experience camping in this park - any info on what are good camping spots would be appreciated. Thanks,

Ray
ShorterShots

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noel W (Qld) - Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 21:15

Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 21:15
Hi Ray

I'm keen to see the replies you get as I am planning a trip which may include Currawinya in July.

A couple of months back I spoke with the ranger at the park and he seemed to be pretty keen to provide information. I would suggest giving him a call as well. At the time I only asked about the best route to take from Thargomindah. He also informed me that the lakes were dry (first time in about 15 years if I remember correctly).

Cheers ........
AnswerID: 172667

Follow Up By: Ray Shorter - Monday, May 15, 2006 at 21:09

Monday, May 15, 2006 at 21:09
Hi Noel,

I'll try calling the Ranger to get the up to date info on the state of the Park and the lakes. I guess you have seen Boxhead's advice re camp spots.

Cheers,

Ray
ShorterShots

FollowupID: 428544

Reply By: Boxhead - Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 22:05

Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 22:05
Ray
Camped @ Currawinya last Sept. on corner country trek.Came down from Eulo &stopped @ Caiwarro ruins for a look but camped @ Ourimperee waterhole [same place as woolshed] -great spot on Paroo river - toilets up at woolshed with interesting shower set up down near camp -
entry to camp ground is accross road [Eulo-Hungerford]fom NP office.
love it -- red soil & mulga.
have some photos if your interested.

regards Boxhead
AnswerID: 172676

Follow Up By: Ray Shorter - Monday, May 15, 2006 at 21:06

Monday, May 15, 2006 at 21:06
G'day Boxhead,

Great name !! Thanks for the helpful info on Currawinya NP. We'll take your advice and camp at Ourimperee waterhole on the Paroo. Is any fishing allowed there (I read somewhere that fishing is allowed in parts of this NP)?

Would certainly be interested in seeing a few photos - maybe email them? ray.shorter@techsus.com.au.

Cheers, Ray
ShorterShots

FollowupID: 428542

Sponsored Links