GU Patrol Fitted Seat Covers

Submitted: Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 23:24
ThreadID: 33898 Views:3561 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
We have recently purchased a GU Patrol and are looking at good seat covers to last and protect, especially travelling with two boys in the back. Have looked at Michelle's Sacs canvas covers here in WA and was wondering if anyone has any comments on them or other such fitted covers. They seem well made but also come with a high price tag. Are there any other such covers on the market. I am a bit wary of canvas as a full time cover, especially for comfort for me and the missus in the front. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Monday, May 15, 2006 at 00:06

Monday, May 15, 2006 at 00:06
We have only used the Black Duck canvas seat covers from Gnowangerup, so can't comment on the MS ones. Black Duck have proved durable, but they do eventually wear out. Being canvas they are a bit harsh to sit on if wearing short shorts, but they do protect the seats well from wear and tear, spillages etc. If you don't like the feel of skin against the canvas, sit on a cushion, towel or throw rug. Black Duck are sold direct from the manufacturers as well as a number of retail outlets. They are held in place with velcro. I wash them regularly through the washing machine on heavy duty cycle.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 172692

Reply By: Member - Alanc - Monday, May 15, 2006 at 00:47

Monday, May 15, 2006 at 00:47
We have Michelles Sacs canvas seat covers in our Prado and are very happy with them. Fitting was a buggar, they are very tight,but I must say they have not moved an inch since (8 months ago) and still look as good as the first day they were fitted. Canvas covers can feel a bit hard to start with , especially if you are used to sitting on a soft seat I thought they may be a bit sweaty during summer but the summer just gone proved it was not a real problem . I'm in and out of my car daily (used for work) so the drivers side especially gets a bit of a hammering , its not showing any signs of wear. These are the only canvas style seat covers I have used so I cannot comment on other brands.
AnswerID: 172695

Reply By: H2O - Monday, May 15, 2006 at 09:28

Monday, May 15, 2006 at 09:28
Chris & Jody,
I had a set of front and middle MS covers on my GU and they were great but don't go the grey - they get dirty and look dirty. They were 12mnths old and I sold them on ebay for $400 so I think $300ish cost is well worth it considering normal covers cost that and you would either throw them away or gove them away with the vehicle. I have just fitted blue MS covers to my new 100s and they fit great. I thought I could do without them but I realised that was not the case after I did some 4WDing. Depending on the interior colour blue covers are the go. I got a set of 100s front and rears delivered for $700.
Cheers
Justin
AnswerID: 172732

Follow Up By: Chris & Jody (WA) - Monday, May 15, 2006 at 11:40

Monday, May 15, 2006 at 11:40
Justin,

Thanks for the info. Jody had the grey picked out so this will give her a bit more to think about. You say you got them delivered for $700, our quote was a bit over that for front and middle without headrests. Can you buy direct or where did you get your best price?
Cheers,

Chris
FollowupID: 428401

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Monday, May 15, 2006 at 19:35

Monday, May 15, 2006 at 19:35
Ouch - that sounds expensive - i would want the seats for that as well!
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 428508

Follow Up By: H2O - Monday, May 15, 2006 at 19:36

Monday, May 15, 2006 at 19:36
Chris,
Try your closest TJM store and ring around. They will come down on price. Some say they are not allowed to reduce their price - crap! I got a young fella at one TJM shop a few weeks ago who brought out the cost price sheet on them. There is a huge mark-up on them.
Cheers
Justin
FollowupID: 428509

Sponsored Links