GU TD42 cab chassis turbo timer

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 16, 2003 at 13:44
ThreadID: 3391 Views:2347 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone fitted a turbo timer to the cab chassis?
I have checked out the ignition loom and believe that I have located the correct wires (eg: ignition wire). However...on testing the install the timer works well and the engine shuts down. (cant use the keyless entry to lock the doors whilst at idle though!!) The next time I start up the subtank light comes on the the sub fuel system will not activate. Disconnect the battery and reset all is well until the next I repeat the start/stop/start again cycle. Have I missed something or is there another ignition wire option I should be using?

Thanks
Wazza
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster - Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 16:01

Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 16:01
What brand etc of Turbo Timer is it?

AnswerID: 13315

Follow Up By: Wazza - Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 17:46

Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 17:46
Turbo timer is from Piranha, bought from 4WD Workshop in Frankston.
As far as model id etc. there is not much on the unit, Advanced turbo timer on the front at thats all.

The advanced bit is the battery monitor!!!

Wazza

FollowupID: 7821

Follow Up By: Truckster - Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 19:18

Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 19:18
Hmmm.... a local boy eh.....(Frankston too..)

I priced the dual battery system from him, $900+ fitted.
Went to Bayswater to Piranha and got the EXACT SAME THING $400. Not fitted, adn there aint $500 fitting in that.

Anyway have you asked him about it? not that I would hold much hope.
FollowupID: 7827

Follow Up By: Wazza - Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 21:29

Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 21:29
Hiya Truckster,

I picked up my dual battery gear from Geoff for the same price as Piranha. Fitted myself with no trouble and saved $$$

I will give him a call re: the TT. He is in NZ at the moment so it looks like I will have to wait. Unless someone else spots this post!!!

I am an ex local boy, born Frankston and ended up out the back of Hastings for many years and now have been living in Sth Gippsland for about 6 years. Still have family on the Peninsula so I am down there quite often.

Wazza
(with disconnected turbo timer)
FollowupID: 7835

Reply By: desert - Tuesday, Feb 18, 2003 at 13:09

Tuesday, Feb 18, 2003 at 13:09
Wazza, I suspect you have picked up an unsuitable feed source for the timer, as it is interferring with the control module that ECU's the sub-fuel pump. You probably thought you had a patrol without a computor.Wrong, the sub-fuel switching has it's own dedicated ECU had will throw a wobbly if you induce an incorrect voltage through it, ie when welding without disconnecting the battery. You need to POSITIVE, that you have tapped into the fuel shut off solenoid by determining the colour code of that wire(can't tell you off-hand). Source that wire and connect to that for the timer. That should do the job.Cheers
AnswerID: 13388

Follow Up By: Wazza - Tuesday, Feb 18, 2003 at 21:41

Tuesday, Feb 18, 2003 at 21:41
Thanks desert, you have confirmed my suspicions. I will have another look over the weekend to attempt to locate the right one.

Thanks again,
Wazza
FollowupID: 7876

Sponsored Links