Trek Tech Storage Draws

Submitted: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 10:33
ThreadID: 33975 Views:4599 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I am after feedback on the "Trek Tech 4WD Solutions" brand of storage draws. If any one has them please let me know what you think. Cheers

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rick (S.A.) - Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 19:31

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 19:31
Have had one of these units for exactly 4 years next week. It's fine.

Drawer unit has heaps of gear on it[cooking gear, shelf unit, tucker, water, booze, i.e. all the essentials for touring]. there is a total of approx 200 kg loaded on the top of the dawer unit; the space is jammed full to roof line - no probs with any functionality issues.

I carry a heap of rough gear in the right hand drawer - tyre repair gear, tools, lights, 2 x camp ovens {they are heavy buggers) - the drawer slides well & latch is still OK. Left hand drawer carries all the cutlery, plates, mugs & drinking vessels, & food type items. It has a drop-in, laminated, thin, mdf sheet that is used as a work surface / table for lunch on the road.

Have been in much rough country - chassis twisting, bouncy up & down travel over approx 70,000 km - no loss of functionality.

I put an alumiinium trim on the leading edges to protect them.

I bought a fridge slide from there also - same as above.

They are not absolutely top-of-the-wazza products in terms of fit & finish, and I did not have to pay those over the top prices that the leading brands/retailers ask. I am not sure I need to pay for over engineered and over built units. Those units are fine, just not needed by me.

I'm a satisfied customer, & Paul, the propreitor has taken some suggestions on board & built special eqpt to order. He will have a crack at almost anything!

Cheers
AnswerID: 173192

Follow Up By: Member - Matt M (ACT) - Thursday, May 18, 2006 at 12:55

Thursday, May 18, 2006 at 12:55
Rick,

Where did you get them? Are they only available in SA? I couldn't find a website for them, just the phone number.

Any idea on price?

Thanks,

Matt.
FollowupID: 429225

Follow Up By: Member - Garbutt - Thursday, May 18, 2006 at 17:29

Thursday, May 18, 2006 at 17:29
Paul works from his shed at back of his home in para Hills northern suburb of Adelaide. He is a 4WD'er himself and custom builds to suit. He custom built mine for dual cab and problem fridge, try him at piczudek@tpg.com.au
FollowupID: 429312

Follow Up By: Member - Matt M (ACT) - Thursday, May 18, 2006 at 17:39

Thursday, May 18, 2006 at 17:39
Thanks mate.
FollowupID: 429314

Sponsored Links